Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Small Seppo shed tour

Well, while everyone is having a smoko at 's, I thought I'd sneak in a few pics of my wee shed. The shed measures about 4.5M by 8.5M.

Pic 1 is viewing front on. The small table in front is my sheet goods cutting table I banged together from 4X2s and banquet table legs. Pocket screws and no glue, so replacing pieces is easy peasey if they get too tired.

Pic 2 shows my brilliant Triton Superjaws and behind my assembly table (with Rotex on board). The table is made from Norm's NYW plan--torsion box with MDF top. On wheels for easy mobility. Made to act as an outfeed table when required.

Pic 3 is my clamp rack (need more clamps! ), also mobile, and the DeWalt SCMS and stand. A couple of storage shelves for odds and sods.

Pic 4 shows the router table (Rockler top, shop-made stand) CT22, PC compressor, and GMC drill press. PC892 router in the table. That is a Festo OF1000 in the systainer underneath, used for hand routing. Can barely see the GMC DC bag in lower left. Moves between the TS and router table.

Pic 5 Hitachi contractor-grade TS with Incra Mitre3000 and Incra sled.

Here and there and piled around are all the portable power tools and nailers. Bosch hand-planer, PC biscuit joiner (for sale, cheap ), a huge Milwaukee hammer drill when serious holes are needed.

Notice, no jointer, thicknesser or bandsaw. I am edge-jointing using shims on the router table, which works pretty well. Thicknessing with the Bosch planer, which is hit or miss. Bosch jig saw for cutting curved pieces.

Next major tool: Domino. Due to arrive in less than a month now. After that, a thicknesser, but running out of room. I have a largish tile saw and a small finishing station in the actual garage attached to the house (Shed Annexe). All cars park outside at all times.

I know it's a mess. Thanks for looking.
    Cheers,

Bob

I'd remove the pics before we ban you from the forums for being way too neat and clean.

Any chance of a video ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    I'd remove the pics before we ban you from the forums for being way too neat and clean.

Any chance of a video ?
    Yes. Actually I had planned a video but my camera (old tape technology) bit the dust. I will do a video as soon as I replace it. No interlude, however.
    Cheers,

Bob

Looks like a well organized cluttered workshop
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

I agree - looks like a really good 'shop (I wish I had that much room) - the 'mess' is the consequence of it being used...

Workshops are like desks - a clean one is the sign of a sick mind
    Cheers

Jeremy
    If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly

I'm with Gumby on this... where's the bloody sawdust, cobwebs, dead mouse, paint/oil stains & piles of little off cuts?

Very tidy little outfit, I would NOT fit into it or in with it.

Up here, (down here for you Bob) we would be VERY nervous about that overhanging branch.... it wouldn't last 5 minutes before it was whipped off & turned into something more useful than a potential hole in the roof.

What do you think of you Dewalt SCMS?
    Bunnies in Cairns has a couple of 12" ones for $1100 & something maybe $1149 or $1189.
    They have one out on display next to a Makita 10".
    They are big but they look good.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Default Small Seppo Shed Tour???

Exactly how small are you Bob?????

Its hard to get any sense of scale from the photos, are we talking Hobbit size here or just plain short ass?

I like it Bob!
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!

Entirely too clean! Totally unacceptable! And you have nowhere near enough clamps. Nice to see a few things on wheels, though. And a desk! With drawers! You've got a bunch of bowls and vases in that branch, too. Now you need a lathe.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Very nice setup Bob! That trundle table is great. I based my old outdoor workbench after seeing that episode of Norm's show, except I didn't put wheels on mine.

cheers
    Wendy

Maybe the dead mouse is in his hearing protection.

Nice Festo gear.... do you have the ROS?
    Cheers,
    Clinton

"Use your third eye" - Watson

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clinton_findlay/

Nice workshop Bob, dont worry about the "to clean" comments they're just jealous!

What a groovy little shed Bob. Eying off that Dewalt saw of yours I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Up here, (down here for you Bob) we would be VERY nervous about that overhanging branch.... it wouldn't last 5 minutes before it was whipped off & turned into something more useful than a potential hole in the roof.

What do you think of you Dewalt SCMS?
    Bunnies in Cairns has a couple of 12" ones for $1100 & something maybe $1149 or $1189.
    They have one out on display next to a Makita 10".
    They are big but they look good.
    No worries about the branch. It is actually well away from the shed, it's just the camera perspective. That is a maple tree, BTW.

The DeWalt SCMS is very solid (Model 708). But I'm told the new ones (with side-by-side rails rather than over-and-under) are somewhat less solid.

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic View Post
    Very nice setup Bob! That trundle table is great. I based my old outdoor workbench after seeing that episode of Norm's show, except I didn't put wheels on mine.

cheers
    Wendy
    Thanks Wendy. The wheels work a treat for moving around in that small space. Then, just pull the ropes on each end to retract the wheels, lift up on each end to let them down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton1 View Post
    Nice Festo gear.... do you have the ROS?
    That is a Rotex 150 lying on the assembly table. I currently have only the Rotex, OF1000 router and CT22 vac. Domi will be here soon.

Thanks everyone for looking.
    Cheers,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    Exactly how small are you Bob?????

Its hard to get any sense of scale from the photos, are we talking Hobbit size here or just plain short ass?
    Now Bleedin', purposely ambiguous. It is either a small Seppo, a small shed or a small tour. Pick one (or two). Without drawing any comparisons to other forumites, let us say that I am not a small Seppo.
    Cheers,

Bob