Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Shed project wip

Hi people,
    thought I'd share some pics of shed going up in the backyard. It has been a "on again - off again" idea, but we (SWMBO & I) have bit the bullet & that's where we are now.
    Shed is 12x9m, horizontally clad with reverse rolled monoclad to hopefully match our weatherboard home.
    Anyway, some pics.
    To be continued.....
    Last edited by Border boy; 31st January 2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Great Looking shed Border Boy. Won't know yourself when you get in it!
    great to see I am not the only one running cladding horizontally to match the house!
    Looking forward to seeing more of the progress pics.
    Here is one of mine in progress on a previous thread
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...chmentid=34731
    Artisans On The Hilll - Gallery, Manning Valley Hideaway Accommodation & Workshops.
    Ideal Family or Group Getaway!
    You all come & visit now - y'hear!
    http://www.artisansonthehill.com.au

Going up in the backyard? Look more like it's replacing your backyard!

Quote Originally Posted by Happyinsydney View Post
    Great Looking shed Border Boy. Won't know yourself when you get in it!
    great to see I am not the only one running cladding horizontally to match the house!
    Make that 3 of us, I managed to find the exact style of weatherboard after a bit of work, cladding is up but will be a while before its all finished
    You can never have enough planes, that is why Mr Stanley invented the 1/2s

Hey people,
    I've been interstate for a couple of days, shed is nearly done - all cladding is on, roof is on, roller doors are on, very excited.
    Happy & Router, thanks for the link & comments, it's nice to know I'm not the only horizontal thinking person out there. will post more pics soon, it's dark outside & I don't think a flash would do it justice.
    Snowy, we still have room for a future paved courtyard immediately out the back & a nice BBQ area beyond that underneath a beautiful old tree. I'm looking foward to not having to water & mow the huge area up the back that we really weren't using - until now.
    Cheers.

Looks like it's going to be a bewdy
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by snowyskiesau View Post
    Going up in the backyard? Look more like it's replacing your backyard!
    Yeh, it looks more like a factory in a yard than a shed.
    Nice way of avoiding having to get a concrete pump in.

Back again.
    Pawnhead, budget was/is tight so concrete pump wasn't an option. Mini trucks were the way to go, although I had to demolish half of the existing "shed" to give them enough clearance to the backyard.
    Final pics, shed is complete, a blank canvas, heaps still to do - paint floor, organise space, hook up power & plumbing etc. ect...
    Anyway, shed is up!

awww,

now that is NICE.

Looks great Border boy, but what are those leftover bits on the ground
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

dj, I think you're like me......left over stuff? Mmmm, going cheap?
    Swmbo is even worse, she can visualise whole projects from the tiniest left over stuff.......

She even has a thing I call the bargain centre. You name it, timber, steel, roofing, STUFF! If you need it, she's got it in her "bargain centre" Hell she's even got tractor implements. That was enuff to make me buy a tractor!

For gawd's sake don't mention there's leftovers........

sf

Thanks people,
    I'm pretty stoked with the way it looks.
    The left over stuff is some cladding that was mistakenly delivered with my shed. Unfortunately the shed mob are picking it up next week - for a moment I thought I'd scored something to line inside with. Oh well
    Cheers.

Hi,
    Just been viewing your pics of the shed, and some of the comments, shed looks great, I added to mine about 12 months ago and it would be about the same area as yours now, I thought it would be big enough, but buy the time you get your machines and a few cupboards and work bench suddenly you have run out of room! I would like to see a pic when you fill 'er up it should be excellent. Mine was fine until 4 months ago when I was informed that I had 95% cancer in my bones and prostate also, so I decided that in the 2 - 3 hours a day that I can be out of bed I needed to be occupied, so I got in touch with Carb-atec in Melbourne, and bought all new machines which fill-up over half the shed now (also $30.000 later). I believe it was a good move, it gets me outside and keeps me occupied and 'er indoors only gets upset half the time now. OK, I hope you get a lot of satisfaction out of your construction, because it looks great (and dings snakes won't be able to get access either!).
    All the best,
    Regards,
    Ron.

Thanks for those words Ron.
    I bet you enjoy time spent in your Carb-atec palace.
    If my shed's not big enough I'm in trouble cause I couldn't go any bigger & don't worry, it's definitely snake proof
    Cheers.

Mate thats a bottler of a shed!! how about you just pack it up an move it over here?... ah buggar it! I will head over an camp in the thing!

Ron mate... sorry to hear of the medical probs mate... all the best keep yer ass in the shed an she'll be right... seems I heard once one of the best "medicines" available for people who are crooker than a nuns bum is to be active doin things theyre passionate about so hang in there an keep makin stuff

But I do want that shed!! Good one!! Greenies on its way!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!