Hi All,

I have read the forum extensively to help solve my little quandry but with little success. Ok the problem goes something like this - I have 'volunteered' to 'help' build a deck for the outlaws next to their new pool(inground) but unfortunately the helpful paver left a 220mm step down on the edge of the pool at the back of the pavers and hence a spot where as I see it the decking may flex. So I was going to butt hard up to the back of the pavers on the edge of the pool (and with some advice still will) but now I have a little issue where the decking may flex when under pressure (i.e. stepped on) at the edge closest to the back of the pavers.

Has anyone ever encountered this issue and what solution did they implement or what would anyone suggest?

Some more details perhaps - The paver is 40mm, the decking is Spotted Gum 19mmx136mm so the differential is in the vicinity of 21mm. The pool has a concrete edge all the way around that is nominally 600mm wide and hence from the back of the paver to the edge of the concrete is around 200mm.

I was going to just liquid nail and concrete nail a piece of decking parallel to the edge of the pool and joists and perpendicular to the decking all the way along the length of the decking just to try to ensure no drooping or flexing in that 200mm space.

Does anyone see any problems with this solution?

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

Beers
Mick

More...