Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: early capri

Default early capri

In a shed on a farm Ive found a Ml1 Ford Capri GT V6 3000. I dont want to buy it, (lier, I love to but money is the object) rather I want to help the guy get it cleaned up and sell it.

Apart from a little dust that got under the tarps its been under cover for 8 years. one owner, well 2, father and son both with same name less than 40,000 k on the clock.

Ive tried a brief search on the web around Aus but cant find anything for sale to compare it with.
    So ideas and advice please.
    I would love to grow my own food, but I can not find bacon seeds

$750.

They're a low mongrel of a car.

Give me the old bugger's number, and if I'm in a sweet mood I'll toss another spot in for Christmas.

*wink*

Seriously, tread very carefully. To the right collector that car is worth money.

Depends on how original it is, they can fetch big dollars. One of the guys in my car club owns a immaculately restored GT3000 insured value is $35K... sweet car(she's red too )

There's 2 listed on carpoint 1 is $35K(but its a 347w V8)and the other is $23500 standard immaculate.

WOW nice find not the one with the bonnet hump is it if so this is even rarer.

Watch for lots of rust sills etc

Smile

Heap of rubbish, bound to be full of rust, not worth fixing. If you tell me where it is I'll take it off your hands and it won't cost you anything for any adverts. They all had the raised bonnet from memory, rust in the sills and around the windows, in the floor etc. rust wasn't even an optional extra.
    A seriously nice find, why don't I find something like this. I walked into a garage on the south coast of NSW a few years ago and sitting there was an unrestored Toyota 2000 GT, a seriously rare car and the owner was definitely not interested in selling and I couldn't afford it any way.
    CHRIS

The 1.6 had no hump the 2 not sure but the V6 did for sure the hump brought some contaversy in AU as some people couldn't see over it from the drivers seat
    especially those height challenged no offense Mini

http://www.capriclinic.com/conditions.php a few styles

The Capri was a stab at a cheap Mustang but looked more like an E-type Jag
    Brilliant to drive

Hi Tony,

I've sent you a couple of e-mails in regards to this car but haven't heard back. Could you let me know if you've received them, if not I'll try again.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Tony,

Wondering if the Capri is still available. I have emailed you my details.

Thanks,
    Charlie