Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spooked

Default Spooked

Two nights past the sensor light came on in the side drive, a torch light was shone into the window of a back room, and a while later the sensor light of the back neighbours came on.

Next morning the padlock securing the gates across the drive was missing.

That lock was keyed-alike to the padlocks securing the shed side door.

So I've fixed a padbolt to the inside of that door.

Some years ago the shed was broken into and my chainsaw and line trimmer stolen.

We then installed an alarm system.

Still, I'm feeling spooked.
    Cheers, Ern

Go turn yourself a home defence bat from something hard and heavy. I hate these low lives who think they can walk onto my property and help themselves.
    I'll swing first and ask questions later. But having got that off my chest, tools can be replaced. Don't take unnecessary risks.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Not a nice feeling at all Ern. Hope it ends there. Did you contact the cops?
    Cheers,
    Jim

Bummer really annoying
    I've found that a blue cattle dog helps

what if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?

Pity the DNA off their slimy hands can't be traced to the whereabouts of their slimy dwelling.

Yeah.

No, didn't call the cops Jim.

Went through that when stuff was stolen; they were polite but really couldn't help other than to advise going round the local pawnbrokers to try to find the gear.

Yeah Underfoot, wouldn't mind a dog but we spend too much time travelling.

Well I've had two rotten nights sleep waking up with every 'bump in the night'. Was convinced that there was a stranger in the house once and sweating with fear got up to confront him (or her); torch in hand and 000 entered on the mobile keypad. No-one there. Hey ho.

I'm tempted to string some clear fishing line at neck height across the width of the family room at the back of the house.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post

I'm tempted to string some clear fishing line at neck height across the width of the family room at the back of the house.
    Put some trebles on it but don't forget it is there.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

LOL.

Yeah, it'd be a sharp wake-up in the morning.
    Cheers, Ern

A big dog kennel might help if you don't want a dog.
    cheers,
    Jim

Thinking along the same lines as an invisible dog.....

There is something to be said for giving the appearance of having an alarm system. You can actually buy dummy components like (fake) external blue flashing light, signage, etc. quite cheaply. Place the dummy light prominently (usually attached to the eaves) where it can be seen from the street. Get one of the security monitoring signs to go on your gate. Point being, given a choice of several houses, the lowlife are more likely to give one with even the chance of an alarm system a miss.

A mate has a fairly upmarket property and they have taken this a step further. There is a prominent sign on the gate saying "Video Surveillance In Operation" plus a couple of what seem to be cameras with red flashing LEDs on them attached where you would expect cameras to be. Its all fake.........but the lowlife scum usually aren't bright enough to work that out, and they move on somewhere else. The whole setup only cost him a couple of hundred bucks, versus several thousand for a real one.

Another good combination would be a big kennel containing only one of those recorded barking noise gadgets, wired in so it is triggered by the outside sensor light.......heh heh

You can save a lot of money by not trying to make your property ultra secure, just make it APPEAR to be the most secure house in the street.

Excuse my ignorance about the removing of a padlock but are padlocks that easy to remove, I mean without boltcutters

I used to have a 46kg German Shepherd in the back yard. He wouldn't even let birds land in the backyard, let alone some boofhead with a death wish.

Anyway get padlocks with the case hardened shank and get a big one ie 10mm dia shank and sensor lights, makes it all too hard and they go else where
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

The big bark wired to the sensor sounds good. Some slime were caught around here once and they were found to have a list of all the houses with dogs on them. Tack Hama used to have two Shepherds very daunting if they didn't know you.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Actually I think the fishing line is a good idea. Minus the trebles though Cliff! Strung at different heights in different spots. Won't hurt the SOB but might just spook HIM for a change.