Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Good Finishers?

Default Good Finishers?

hey
    does anybody know any company that would apply finishes onto woodwork? im currently making a computer desk (2000/900/750) out of jarrah & silver ash for my major works and i need to find out whether i can outsource my finishing for the job. any comments will be appreciated. thanks.
    ps.i will be posting pics when it is finished

Hi David,

Don't know of a good one locally to you, but if you look up French Polishers in the yellow pages, it should give you the number of several.

Call them, ask them how they would charge to finish a school project and tell them dimensions.

They may want to apply the finish to flat panels (commonly done) and then you to assemble it afterwards.

By the way, did you have problems with Jarrah dust staining the Silver Ash.

Daylom upholstery at Girraween might be close enough for you, or Esray at Prospect.

Cheers,

eddie

hi eddie

hahhaha thanks for having an interest in my work~ i actually have not got upto the finishing stages of my major works, but what you said was correct. i did some routering on my jarrah and the dust landed on my friends work (radiata pine) which then stained it (oops) and i have asked my teacher and he has said the same thing, that jarrah's dush will be caught in the grains of silver ash. thanks for the help.