Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pasting advice

Default pasting advice

Hi,

I see some of you paste what I assume is a jpeg direct into your posts - I cant see how this is done, can someone edumacate me please ?

One greenie to whoever replies to this thread except Grunt-man, I feeeeeeel morally obliged to give ol' flatface a red for some reason
    Zed

I just tell you just for love then Zed.

If you want to post a picture that is somewhere out there in internet land, right mouse click on the image and click on properties.

You will see the Address (URL): of the picture. Right click on the the address which will start with 'http://'. Click on select all.

Then in your post (in advanced mode) click on the button and paste the address into the field. Press OK. Then Bob's your uncle.

Give Me Red.
    Grunt
    Photo Gallery

I see!

Just testing......
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Albert Einstein

The only problem doing it that way is that if the site goes down or they delete the pic it disappears here too.

Its even easier than that grunt... no need to go to advanced mode, can do in the quick reply box.
    Just find the address of the picture and type [IMG] then the address and finish it with [/IMG].
    To find the address of the picture just right click on it and select properties, the first line in the description box which is titled "location" copy and paste it inbetween the IMG's as above!
    If the picture is on your computer you must upload it to a photo host service, I use www.photobucket.com (its free!)follow the instructions they give you to upload your pic(s) once uploaded the pic will have some boxes under it copy the IMG one then paste it here in your post(it allready has the IMG tags on it... simply to easy!)

Here check my photo area at photobucket http://photobucket.com/albums/v725/ST170ish/
    Example

To get this pic to appear I cut and pasted from photobucket
    {IMG}http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/ST170ish/woodwork/work%20space/as400_new2.jpg{/IMG}
    To see that above I changed the [ ] shaped brakets to { }(other wise you wont see the text you will see the pic!)

Quote Originally Posted by
    The only problem doing it that way is that if the site goes down or they delete the pic it disappears here too.
    Thats why you use the bigger ones like photobucket they dont go down all that often and if they do they are back up in minutes!

Hey Zed there are a quite a few things you can do using these brackets... this whole site is built on them!
    First thing to learn is the brackets, [] is on and [/] is off.
    For instance that quote I just did to , I typed {QUOTE=}then cut and paste what typed then I finish it with {/QUOTE} this brings up the quote box quoting (remembering Im changing the brackets from [] to {} so you can see it)
    This goes on and on... eg if you want bold writing I type {b} then finish with {/b}.
    So to type this Bold sized 8 blue letters I had to type {b}{size=8}{color=blue}Blod sized 8 blue letters{/color}{/size}{/b} (brakets are changed)
    Can you see the pattern forming?
    Between the first brakets[] you type your comand and then at the end of your text you must turn the comands off using the "/" which means off... one thing to remember is the comands must follow in order, the text I typed above I started with the bold comand then the size comand then the color comand to turn them on, to turn them off you must type it mirrored so it will go color then size then bold comands to turn off.

Hurry, slowly

CRICKEY!!! Harry, it worked, as you can see i did it with your image..

MITHBUSTED !
    Hurry, slowly

the brackets would make it easier for Zed. I imagine it would be a pain to right click without thumbs

Quote Originally Posted by gingermick
    But knowing this we could make stuff up and attribute it to other people
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermick
    Only if we were completely devoid of sense
    Mick

avantguardian

I'm just replying cos I wann know what it feels like to get a greenie from Zed.
    Boring signature time again!

I'm just replying 'cos I want to ask a qestion along the same line...

How do you get a smilie face into a rep comment box? :confused:
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

You can type in smiles everywhere by typing a colon : followed by a close bracket ) or a cheesy grin by typing in a colon : followed by a capitol D. A frown with a : ( without the spaces.

: )
    : D
    : (
    Photo Gallery

Ta.

: )
    : D
    : (

& Ta for
    who was not game to ask.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

I keep looking at the title of this thread and wondering why Zed wants a good pasting :confused:

Richard

I feel all warm and gooey, and just a tad uncomfortable.

I received the promised greenie from Zed. :eek:
    Boring signature time again!