Default Best Polyutheruene to buy

Looking at re varnishing some jarrah tables which is the best polyuthernae to buy and what type of finish matt satin or gloss.

Depends. Do you want a finish that'll look excellent for a year or two, and then get shabbier and shabbier for the next five years till it needs a sand back to bare timber and a refinish, or something that'll look good every time you give it a quick polish for the next 10-20-30+ years.

If it's the first, any polyurethane'll do. Otherwise, an oil finish will give you a much more serviceable surface in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Depends. Do you want a finish that'll look excellent for a year or two, and then get shabbier and shabbier for the next five years till it needs a sand back to bare timber and a refinish, or something that'll look good every time you give it a quick polish for the next 10-20-30+ years.

If it's the first, any polyurethane'll do. Otherwise, an oil finish will give you a much more serviceable surface in the long term.
    Couldn't have said it better m'self.

If i go about oiling the timber i guess i will need to sand back to raw timber then start the process.