Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Anyone know if the monthly old tool sales in Canberra is still going?

Hi,

Here in Canberra they used to have a few blokes selling old planes and the like around about once every few months in a school hall (near Garran from memory). I think they used to be members of the guild but not sure???

I used to be on a mailing list until I moved house a few years ago and lost contact - tried to follow up around twelve months ago but never really got an answer.

Does anyone know if they are still about???

Thanks.

Hi Brett,

Without mentioning names...One of the guys originally running those sales got burnt out in the fires a couple of years back.

Then after a break, the other sellers started tool sales again at Garran although, increasing costs from hall hire and public liability insurance issues combined with not making enough from the whole event has resulted in no more tool sales. Bit sad but thats how it goes.

One of the sellers from Sth Australia has been a regular (every few months) at a local market but he is unpredictable. Another is a local and does do the local swap meets but they a few and far between.

Regards
    Steve

Thanks Steve I'll have to keep my eye open at some of the markets when I get a chance.

Cheers.