Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Spa N Deck in Merbau

Hi all,
    Im looking into using Spa N Deck on my current deck project after reading all the positve feedback about it on this site, so I went into my local Bunnings to have a look and noticed they had "Merbau" Spa N Deck.
    I cant find any info on this, I have searched this site and floods and found nothing.
    Is this a new stain and has anyone used it ?

Default Merbau Spa&Deck

Dear Dan, Yes Flood have released two new shades of Spa&DecK.One is Merbau and the other is Jarrah. Hopefully over the next few months you should start to see some colour boards with the new shades on both pine and hardwood displayed in the various outlets.

JimJ www.restore-a-deck.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    Dear Dan, Yes Flood have released two new shades of Spa&DecK.One is Merbau and the other is Jarrah. Hopefully over the next few months you should start to see some colour boards with the new shades on both pine and hardwood displayed in the various outlets.

Any experience with the Jarrah JimJ? Seen any colour samples?

I am definately interested! (Got 60sqm to do in a few weeks time)

I havn't used Jarrah or Merbau on any decking as of yet. I did use Jarrah on a new timber gate which was made from a timber called forest red. I was very happy with the shade.Like all stains and timbers there are many variables and you can have two people with the same timber species be happiest with completely different shades. I would say that both new colours will be somewhere between cedar and what Flood call sedona ( what I would call walnut brown). Try calling Flood toll free in Sydney and twist their arms to see if they have any small samples on timber or can they send you a 100ml container of each new color. I think it will offer a more pleasing colour spread to the product range. Wish I could be of more help.

Quote Originally Posted by jimj View Post
    I havn't used Jarrah or Merbau on any decking as of yet. I did use Jarrah on a new timber gate which was made from a timber called forest red. I was very happy with the shade.Like all stains and timbers there are many variables and you can have two people with the same timber species be happiest with completely different shades. I would say that both new colours will be somewhere between cedar and what Flood call sedona ( what I would call walnut brown). Try calling Flood toll free in Sydney and twist their arms to see if they have any small samples on timber or can they send you a 100ml container of each new color. I think it will offer a more pleasing colour spread to the product range. Wish I could be of more help.

Cheers JimJ

I might just give them a call and see what they can do...

Especially if it is a new colour, they may be keen to get the word out.

I know one of the local paint places is stocking it, but it really hasn't caught on here in WA as much as it has over your way!