Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Our #$%^brain @#$%head Council

Today when the recycling truck picked up our recycling bin, it fell into the truck according to other council workers who witnessed the event. The driver is also aware of what happened.

In our council, you have to pay $30 for a recycling bin.

Meg rang the council and told PC woman that their employee or contractor had our bin in their truck. The council refuses to do anything about it until we send them a Stat Dec. No further discussion would be entertained as that was their procedure despite their employees witnessing the saga. We will not be getting a replacement recycling bin until the Stat Dec is received and processed.

They stuff up and we are stuffed around.

Some people have hinted that we are mad to sell up and leave the city – we are putting distance between sanity and madness. We will gladly leave the asylum and let the inmates play fruitless games with each other but of course we are a bit odd to think fools are foolish and idiots as being idiotic.

I can only interpret the council’s response as an indication that they consider us ratepayers as liars and do not in any way trust us. Perhaps they are judging us by their own low standards.
    - Wood Borer

Roll on Moving Day, eh WB?

Report it stolen, give the coppers a description of the truck that stole it.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

so where ya wheelie bin Rob ?
    Zed

yes:d :d :d
    - Wood Borer

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    so where ya wheelie bin Rob ?
    In gaol but don't tell anyone.
    - Wood Borer

Now that is a great solution! Nice one Cliff
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

What do expect Rob. You can't get a job there unless you are #$%^brain @#$%head

Don't expect better from the country shire either
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Don't talk to me about local government

Hey Rob, I have a spare wheelie bin here. Our council in their wisdom bought everyone new bins with yellow lids, instead of just buying yellow lids, so everyone in town had a spare bin. The council said "use it to store your green waste before taking it to the tip". Great idea we all said. Then the new green bins came. So now everyone has a spare bin again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    Report it stolen, give the coppers a description of the truck that stole it.

Great idea Cliff.
    - Wood Borer

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

We sold a car a few years ago and transferred the rego the same week, 12 months later new owner got a parking ticket (as we were to find out).
    New owner did not pay fine and two years later we get a letter from Perrin Court advising that my licence will be suspended until fine is paid.

I checked RCA that the rego was transferred, it was, the same week as we sold it but of course I no longer had the details of the new owner.
    Perrin Court then put the onus on us to find out who owns the car (after local council had done a rego check with RTA and got details of old owner).
    RTA will not reveal who the new owner is but will confirm a name and address if you offer it up.
    To get details of current owner was going to cost us money and I was more than a little cut that the RTA had put up the wrong info and we are then supposed to pay for their balls up so the correct party can be pursued for the fine.
    Fortunately, working for someone who had access to RTA systems I did not have to pay but it is annoying that this onus is put on you with the threat of loss of licence until 'you' provide the info.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Copy of the EMAIL just sent to the local councillor who I understand is a good operator.

I am upset and extremely angry about the following event and the petty minded attitude of the Boroondara Council Staff member who spoke to my wife today.

Our recycling bin was missing from our nature strip today after collection time. My wife when returning home from shopping was informed by council workers or contractors who were lopping a tree on the footpath near our house that the recycle bin when lifted by the council truck, fell into the truck. Big deal these things happen.

When my wife contacted the council office and explained what had happened, she was informed that the only course of action was that she had to sign a Stat Dec before the council would replace the bin. This is despite the council’s knowledge (witnessed by council staff or contractors and most likely the driver). That is the council’s procedure and no action to replace the bin would be taken until the Stat Dec was received.

It is understandable if it was stolen but this is a clear cut case that the bin is knowingly in the possession of the council.

We have lived in Boroondara for 30 years, raised and educated our kids in Boroondara, been members of school councils for over 15 years (Hawthorn West Primary, Canterbury Girls’ Secondary College), been involved in voluntary work at aged care hostels which we saw as our contribution to a caring society.

We are currently selling our family home to start a new life in country in semi-retirement to get away from the craziness of the city etc. and your council today has confirmed the craziness aspect.

I have been advised to get the registration number of the truck involved and report to the police that this truck was involved in stealing the bin, would that satisfy your office?

It saddens us to bid Good Riddance to what we thought was a caring community – the council who rewards it’s citizens by making them sign legal documents because it does not believe them even though it’s own staff or representatives caused the problem and know what happened. Obviously the council office considers council staff as liars too.

The reason for EMAIL is to alert you that your council is on the nose as far as public relations when dealing with honest citizens. We would not recommend to any other citizens of Boroondara to volunteer or cooperate with your council because the loyalty is clearly only one way. People should look somewhere else where they are not treated as liars.

We will play your stupid pathetic little games and get the Stat Dec as per the council procedures so we get the bin back that was taken by your staff because unlike your council we have a life.
    - Wood Borer

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Borer View Post
    Some people have hinted that we are mad to sell up and leave the city – we are putting distance between sanity and madness. We will gladly leave the asylum and let the inmates play fruitless games with each other but of course we are a bit odd to think fools are foolish and idiots as being idiotic.
    Take pity on them mate, they're afraid of the big wide world and are content to let the PTBs shepherd their daily lives.

I envy you... in a big way. [sigh] Now I'm feeling homesick, dammit!
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

To quote Cpl Jones from Dad's Army:
    'They don't like it up 'em they don't, no, they don't like it up 'em'
    Keep up the good work Rob, pity Don Chipp is no longer with us.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Thumbs up

Hey Rob swing by the shop as I have aBoroondara bin in the shop no joke.
    You can just take it, save the hassle with the council.

Al