Smile Fence Footings Cost

Hi All,

I'm thinking of building a new front fence. It will be double brick (500mm high) with 1.5M piers every 3M and horizontal timber slats in between. Total length is 32M and I need to work out how much concrete I am going to need and what it is going to set me back for the footings. I was thinking of 500mm deep by 500mm wide but not sure if this is enough or overkill.

I also want to have enough concrete left over to put 20 steel posts in that will be holding a sleeper wall garden bed.

Does anyone know how I can work out how much concrete I need to allow for and also what the going rate for concrete in Melbourne is at the moment?

Thanks

concrete is measured in cubic meters so just work out the size of all your footings and add them together allow a little extra for safety sake (extra couple of post footings) 500 x 500 sounds pretty good make a phone call to a local engineer if you want to be sure.
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

On your figures.

.5 x .5 x 32 = 8 m3

Most walls fall over because the garden pushes it over. The wall is used as a dam by the gardener. Imagine the wall as the wall of a dam and the dirt as the water.

Are the posts you want to put up to hold the dirt against the wall or away from it?

Keep the top of the concrete at least 150mm below the surface so you can level the bricks before you get above ground.

I am pretty sure concrete is up around $170 a metre in Melbourne so on Pagie's sums you would be looking at $1300 approx for concrete.I stand to be corrected though.