Hello to everybody.This is a great informative forum have already learned heaps of good stuff over the last couple of months reading some of the threads.II am about to start a reno on our 1970s fibro house(our first home)The first thing is going to be a small extension of 5mx5m.This will be a bedroom with a ensuite in it.Like most first home owners we are on a fairly limited budget.My goal is to get this room up to lock up for 10 grand.The house is on stumps about 1m off the ground.The cladding will be colourbond as will be the roof.What I plan to do is build a deck off the house and continue the bearers and joist through to support the new room.I plan on doing all the labour myself and i have a builder mate that will help meout if i get stuck.So basically labour costs should be close to zero,After getting plans drawn and council fees and approval Ihope to have about 12 grand left to get the outside done on this.Does this sound possible or am i dreaming?We will be using recycled doors and windows in the room.Also could this be built on 90x90 treated pine posts and the same sub structure as the deck.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...