Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Router table - best dust extraction

I am looking to build a router table using my large Triton router, and I am not sure about the best method of dust extraction.

On the Triton Workcentre 2000, it has two standard 1 1/4inch hoses, one from the router, and one from the rear of the fence, and both are connected to a Triton dust cyclone bucket, and then to a workshop vac, and that seems to work OK, from my past experiences on a borrowed WC2000.

Most of the designs I have seen for router tables use a 4 inch hose to a chamber containing the router, and connected to a powerful dust extractor, with a tee off to the fence with a smaller hose.

I recently saw a cast iron router table in Carbatec with a whopping great 4 in outlet on the FENCE

Can anyone please advise the best method, as I am getting ready to go on this project, at long last, having collected the various items over the past 12 months or so.
    regards,

Dengy

Default nrb

HI I have that router table you saw in Carbitec,I used a 4' tee piece out the back of the fence. To pick up the outlet from the Triton I used a reducer on the tee back to the Triton size outlet.The open end of the tee piece then connects to my Vac system via a flexable pipe.
    You will need to find some PVC pipe that is sized to go over the fence outlet to make a female/female connection.
    Good luck