Ok rundown , I need to sound proof a room approximate size is 20ft by 10ft by 10ft , has a double glazed window one end a entrance double door on the side.

The main objective of this thread is to acquire enough material knowledge about sound proofing . Product that is readily available in Melbourne Victoria but at a reasonable price.

SO if you have had experience in sound proofing would love to hear what you have to say. Or if you know anything that might assist with the room build. Here is more information that the room will require. Any information would be appreciated.

The viewing window will be between 10mm and 15mm thick safety glass and possible may explore the first internal glass to have a checked mesh steel trace through it. The door will be of the large cooling room type with sealing rubber all round. Even contemplating fitting a second internal sliding doors if the room arrangement permits me.

Keep in mind this room has to be full portable , at a drop of a hat I need to be able to disassemble the room from the existing building with minimal damage to the existing building.

There will be two large fans in the ceiling , one at each ends of the room. approximately in 1200mm in diameter , one will be feeding in fresh air while the other one will be exhausting the room. Will have them connected via a VFD to control CFM of the fans.

Not only do i need to restrain the noise level I must take into consideration potential fire occurring in the room. So some form of material that has a firer rating. I will will also install some form of a sprinkler system and have fire extinguishers plus a fire blank also.

There will be highly flammable liquids being plumbed into the room and also out side of the room. Will also have safety shutoff valves for emergency situations to cut the fuel supply.

Ok everyone is curious now what am i doing ? or maybe not !!, need to build a engine dyno room !!!

The rooms will be inside a workshop which has a concrete floor base which is 6in thick , now its just a case of building floor walls and a ceiling with access wholes to the room.

I have searched the world wide web and here is a great example of what I am trying to accomplish , but not in bricks and mortar. http://theoldone.com/articles/Dyno_R..._roomfinal.htm

This link might assist peoples ideas in what I am trying to do.

Have considered a 20ftby10ft shipping container outfitted , also 20ftby10ft shipping container cooler/freezers.

6 inch commercial refrigeration panels for walk-in cooler/freezers rooms.

build it in a modular form with a double wall , the total thickness of the walls would be nearly 12inchs with some form of insulation and baffles. Keep in mind there is a budge that I have to work with.

Keep in mind we are talking noise levels of a 1000BHp plus engine revving upto 10,000rpm open exhaust.

Cheers

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...