Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Charger and batteries for Ryobi cordless drill

I have 'inherited' a non-working 9V Ryobi cordless drill which I would like to try and get functional again. I have been told it is the batteries and/or charger that have died, but I'm having a really hard time finding any reference to the parts I require on the internet. Perhaps the drill is too old? It is referred to as model number BD-1020AR or BD-1020VR (both appear on the owner's manual), the charger is model number BC-72 and the batteries B-72. I don't use a drill often nor for difficult jobs - just drill holes in wood occasionally.

Can anyone advise me whether it is worth pursuing trying to find a replacement charger and batteries? or am I flogging a dead horse?

If I decide to purchase a working drill, bearing in mind it would be just for occasional domestic use, what would you recommend?

Bunnings Special Orders desk will be able to source and price them for you.

Will probably be dearer than a new one though.
    John

try battery world

there is a place at Dural jchappo for sydneyites will find name and get back to you

I'll try Bunnings then. I'm in Melbourne, so a Sydney place isn't going to be very useful, as paying for postage would probably put it way out of a reasonable price range.

So - assuming this is going to cost some money (I have absolutely no idea how much) and I decide instead to buy a new drill (or even one on ebay) what would people recommend? Bear in mind it is for occasional domestic use for drilling holes in wood.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    try battery world

there is a place at Dural jchappo for sydneyites will find name and get back to you
    Yes, I know of Accupack, but they are not cheap either.
    John

as far as the batteryless/chargerless drill goes

For very occasion use a cheapo corded drill would be better, batteries need continual cycling.
    Traba non folis arborem aestima

Highly likely it will cost you more to get the old unit going that to purchase a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggles View Post
    So - assuming this is going to cost some money (I have absolutely no idea how much) and I decide instead to buy a new drill (or even one on ebay) what would people recommend? Bear in mind it is for occasional domestic use for drilling holes in wood.
    Forum searches yield a lot of results on a common topic like this. Have done one for you here.

In short, I'd recommend one that has 2 batteries, 2 speed, and a 1hr (or less) charger. Will cost you around $100 upwards & will serve you well.

Cheers..................Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.