Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default New one checking in - I'll try not to ask the usual questions!

Hello everyone!

I am obviously very new to this forum and also to woodworking. My dad was right into it while I was growing up and now that I have the space and my own shed I am hoping to follow in his footsteps.

This is a great forum you have all helped to create here and the work I have seen is amazing.

I'm really looking forward to learning a lot from here and hopefully improving my skills.

A bit about me? Married with our first kid on the way, i'm a wedding photographer on weekends and also work a full time job during the week. At least i'll be able to photograph my "creations" well!!

Looking forward to chatting with many of you in the future.

Allan (Al)

Wecome Al...all questions answered...usual or not. If the question has been covered before you may be directed to an earlier forum, but enjoy your stay use as much of the info you can absorb. I certainly have.

Skot

Thanks Skot.

I'm already absorbing loads of info! Just beginning to set-up my workshop and already been influenced on what type of mitre saw to buy... think i'll go the Makita LS1040 after hearing some of the good reviews on here.
    I am however dreading setting up my Triton saw bench after hearing of diffculties on here... (I inherited mine when we bought our house - made a deal to get rid of rubbish if they left it and the Makita 235mm Circular Saw here). Stoked about the saw, holding comment on the saw bench...

Thumbs up

G'day Al and welcome to the best cyber shed you are likely to find.

OK, You have a shed- the most essential haven in blokedom. What tools do you have?

Sorry , you are meant to ask the questions>

Al, I am still using my Triton WC 2000 & I have had it for over 10 years. If you have the manual, just follow the steps on setting up and adjusting and it should do you well (within Limits).

If it is a WC2000 but you don't have a manual, let me know and I may be able to send you a photocopy or pdfs. I still refer to mine to do small readjustments from time to time.

Hi Artme,

Yes it is the haven for blokedom... we welcome respite in this PC world! Ha! I've just bought myself a Makita LS1040 mitre saw from the big green shed (had vouchers), got a Triton Mk3 work bench (not yet set up) and various other tools like belt sander, orbital sander, cordless drill, jigsaw... etc etc. The setup is slowly getting there. Many of the tools I already had from odd jobs but now that I have the space, timber will be cut and made into "things".

Hi Skot, Thanks for the offer on the PDF's for the Triton but I think mine is different... it's a Mk 3? I have the instructions and judging by the fashions on the cover I am presuming it's circa late 70's, early 80's. That is unless this work bench can make me a fine pair of denim flares? I appreciate the offer.

Welcome aboard.
    Ask any of the 'usual' questions you like, the forum members are very generous with their knowledge.
    So I've found.
    We don't know how lucky we are......

Hi Al and welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledge and fun to be found here.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Thumbs up

Nice start with the tools Al.

Welcome to the forum.