Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Older is better. that's a fact

Lasts year I restored a rare 1942 Bursgreen band saw from England. It was to replace my Aggazini from Italy that was 40 years newer. The problem was I did not have 3 phase properly in the shop set up and so it sat in the "rat hole" for a year unused.

My old boss from 25 years ago was at the shop and I told him I was selling the agazzini and he said he wanted it. Out it when for $1200. This is the saw sam malloff used to make his chairs and a very nice saw.

I found a VFD to run the Bursgreens saws 2 hp 3 phase motor for $50 on the list and so it was time for the move. I put the VFD in a old disconnect box on the wall next to the saw. and added a twist lock plug with a cat5 cable for the switching control. this will let me use it for my shaper too .

i cut a little window out of the door to see the LED display.

I had finished this a year or so ago and for handle i had used off the shelf plastic ones . I have come to believe that handle are like the jewelry of the machines. I like the look of the british rose wood infill planes with brass and steel. so I made all new handles from scratch

I also wanted to add a balance for the upper gulides so i soldered up a peace of copper waste pipe and filled it with sand.

works great and now the guild are very easy to adjust.

I think it looks OK what do you think?

jack

English machines
    All tools can be used as hammers

Well done on the restore.

1. I met a guy today with a Wadkin-Bursgreen RAS ... I wouldn't have noticed the brand particularly except for your posts

2. Could you show a close-up of the upper guides please? I am very interested to see how the top-of-the-line equipment looks

Thanks,

Paul McGee

drool, VERY NICE(READ EXCELLENT) RESTORATION,

THE COUNTER WEIGHT IS AN EXCELLENT (THERE'S THAT WORD AGAIN), i WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE THE THE GUIDE SET-UP.

JEFF
    VK4

Quote Originally Posted by pmcgee View Post
    1. I met a guy today with a Wadkin-Bursgreen RAS ... I wouldn't have noticed the brand particularly except for your posts

2. Could you show a close-up of the upper guides please? I am very interested to see how the top-of-the-line equipment looks

Thanks,

Paul McGee
    i will get some pics of the guilds up on Monday. just got back from a "Arn" haul. I will start a new thread so stay tuned.

jack
    English machines
    All tools can be used as hammers

Hi Jack,

Top rebuild. Very solid old machine. I likes it.

Cheers
    Pops