Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Amazon Package Missing

I am interested to know if anyone has had an Amazon package go missing. I ordered 3 woodworking books over a month ago. They were sent in two packages on the same day. One package arrived 2 weeks ago and the other is missing in action.

Not quite time to contact Amazon yet but just wondering if anyone has lost a package completely and what Amazon does in this situation?

Haven't had one go missing, but I have had the same order in 2 boxes and one take longer to arrive. Hope it works out for you

Peter
    The other day I described to my daughter how to find something in the garage by saying "It's right near my big saw". A few minutes later she came back to ask: "Do you mean the black one, the green one, or the blue one?".

Me Too! Just when I've gone through the tracking system, and ready to email Amazon......it turns up.
    Has happened four times in the last year, now I just wait for them to arrive.

I ordered Doug Stowes box making book 19 May was here 29 May via Standard International Shiping never had any problems with their shipping.

Strange that

Doug Stowes book is one of the ones I ordered.

Twice that has happened to me. Both times I contacted Amazon and they sent new books express. Both times the original order turned up after the replacement. I contacted Amazon to let them know, and they said no problem. The local library now has both (original ordered) books

I used to order quite a few books from Amazon and found that if they split an order one parcel would arrive on time or exceptionally early, then the other could take a month or more to arrive, even when posted the same day.

I have been disappointed with Amazon over another problem - they claim to have the book in stock then take a few weeks - in one case months - to actually get round to shipping the order. This really p***es me off, as I budget for the order when I make it, not at some unknown time in the future when a supplier condescends to charge me.

Now it looks like I will be ordering from Amazon again after the Sydney WWW show as all the Sydney CBD bookshops seem to have stopped stocking new woodworking books - the worst is Borders, where they moved the woodwork section into a corner and then turned all the books over so the spines point to the ceiling in order to fit them on paperback sized shelves - as a result you can't read the titles & have to climb to the top of the bookcases - No thanks!.

I've had 2 packages go missing this year in the post, not amazon. As a result I'm insisting on tracking numbers and insurance now.

I believe the methods Amazon use are both trackable and insured so you should be right if it goes missing.

I realise Amazon can be annoying to deal with but remember they are about half the price of books bought locally. Aldi price, Aldi service. You want David Jones service pay DJ's prices.

I would take this opportunity to give a wrap to the council library service, and the state libraries. Marvelous institutions. Brisbane has a reasonable collection of good wood books and if it's not at the council one try the state library. Also remember they can get items from other collections. I love to have a read prior to buying. helps decide which book etc.