Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Tragedy!!

Angry Tragedy!!

I am hopping mad!!!

I guess we all whinge about the police from time to time but the shooting of that young constable during a drug raid in Sydney makes you realise the sort of murderous scum the boys in blue often have to deal with.

I sympathise with the family and his felllow officers, especially those who were there at the time.

No doubt some slimy mouthpiece will defend the murdering scumbag and tell how he had a tragic upbringing and was brought to this because he wasn't properly potty trained .
    Well, let justice run its course and let us hope the sentencing judge isn't soft in the head.

At times like this I actually feel quite anarchic.!!!

Dear Artme,

I second those sympathies and emotions . When will our State Poly's quit trying to play the "oh-so-moderate" Maternal-role, and start getting serious with some fair-dinkum Paternal-style consequences for these Maggots!?! It's all "Carrot" nowadays, and no "Stick". This sort of tragedy will escalate in frequency until the Law-Makers and Judiciary get serious again...

How about less Roads, Traffic-Works, Tunnels, and other assorted krap that's attracting migrants from the terminally-ill rural areas into metropolitan quagmires that don't have the infrastructure to handle the greater numbers, and pump the money instead into more Jails, and larger Police Forces... (dare I mention Water Treatment Plants, Power-Stations, etc, etc...)

Anyhow, it seems that Morons are running just about every State in this Country...

God-Bless the Soul of that poor Officer, and may He somehow ease the grief of the family and friends that were left behind...

Best Wishes,
    Batpig.

I have the fortune of having a number of officer as friends and its a dirty, dangerous, thankless job. They tell people when their loved ones have been smeared all over the road or taken to hospital from overdose. Then there are the tough tasks. No doubt the facts of this case will emerge in time. It is a tragedy.

Our business also supports Police Legacy which looks after the families of the fallen. I suggest a donation for those who can afford it. NSW Police Legacy
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Reports this morning on the news seem to suggest he may have been accidentally shot by another police officer
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batpig View Post

How about less Roads, Traffic-Works, Tunnels, and other assorted krap.
    I second that. On a recent trip to go up north I counted no fewer than 7 police cars at road works before I left the outer limits of Brisbane. between 3-30 and 4am. Only a few days before, newspapers had reported the lack of police presence on the streets at night.
    Do we really need police at the roadworks.?

Sorry to detract from the original post but thought it worth mentioning. Its a sad day when one of our police officers gets shot doing his duty.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Whilst perpetrators of crime are considered to be victims I fear we shall continue to have problems.

I seem to recall our illustrious former leader Paul Keating tried to get the prison inmates the vote.
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Dear John,
    Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    On a recent trip to go up north I counted no fewer than 7 police cars at road works before I left the outer limits of Brisbane... ...Do we really need police at the roadworks.?
    I believe that what you saw falls under the auspices of "Special Duty" Policing - as in "Rent-A-Cop", as in "Making them pay their own way...". There's so much of it going on up here now, that the obvious next step for Capt. Blitch will be to "Privatise" the Police Force...

But returning to the matter at hand, given that the obvious root-cause of it all is woefully inadequate judicial-deterrant, here's a link to another sickening (but non-police) murder-tragedy, that will have you shaking your head in disbelief. No wonder this stuff is escalating rapidly...:

Bashing sentence appeal dismissed - The West Australian

Best Wishes,
    Batpig.

Then we have these fellows and gals. Soldier wounded in Afghanistan - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

I hate the fact that the crims will be housed, fed and clothed, entertained better than many honest hard working seniors in nursing homes.

acmegridley Guest

Just noticed in my local news 2 murders in 2days in Oak flats, first female28 joker benn arrested for that,second someone bashed to death af local club body found at rear of tyre company land opposite no more news on that as yet,
    Things are hotting up on the south coast,

Angry

About time the judiciary was held to greater account.

Did we all see the report about that magistrate in Brisbane who locked up some tradies because they were making too much noise as they worked?

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! Her justificaton was, I think, contempt of court.

What sort of hubris does it take to act in this manner???

Years ago a fellow I knew had his brother die after some hoon knocked him to the ground ( without provocation ) and kicked him in he head. The poor young fellow had, as it turned out, a very thin skull structure and this was used, successfully by the defence to get a light sentence. I was gob smacked!!

At least on appeal this sentence was increased.

Default I aggree.

About time the judiciary was held to greater account.
    To some extent I like the idea of an elected judiciary like the DA's in the USA and certaintly they must be held accountable for their actions as does everybody else in society.

Appointment should for a period of time, not as now for life or whatever the deal is now.Some dodder on into the their 70's
    We had one here in Sydney who was well known for going to sleep during long trials. They finally got rid of him, but not with out some protest.

A side note, some of worst tax offenders have been barristers according to the Tax Office and its these blighter's who become judges. Bit of a worry really.
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Even more tragically it now appears that he was shot by a fellow officer.
    Jim

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbur View Post
    Even more tragically it now appears that he was shot by a fellow officer.
    Jim
    Yes, I heard this on thenews tonight and i really feel for both the families.

It alters my thoughts not one bit. Those scumbag dealers/suppliers are guilty of causing that young constable's death.

Agreed.

Interesting spot on the radio this morning on legalising the drugs to put the crims out of the business. The "war on drugs" has been well and truly lost.

Please consider Police Legacy, their annual dinner is on Friday and they do great work.
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com