Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default one angry tiling mofo

well for the life of me i cant get a good cut with the diamond blade on the angle grinder and the electric tile cutter!!! and still no good!

how the hell can i cut around this bloody drain ive blown about 15 tiles trying FFS.

cheers for any help

as you see also its a hard cut because the bootom the the hole closest to the tile is almst right on it and its going to be a hard cut to make

Hire a wet tile cutter. they have a diamond spindle and jet of water to keep it all cool - like cutting though butter and well worth it for a perfect finish

i have one of them its like a table saw. ill get a picture

Another method I have used is to score the surface on your markings with the diamond blade in the angle grinder then run perpendicular cuts into the score line about 1/2 to 1" apart then nip out the pieces with the pincers

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat2
    Another method I have used is to score the surface on your markings with the diamond blade in the angle grinder then run perpendicular cuts into the score line about 1/2 to 1" apart then nip out the pieces with the pincers
    i triec the biters but its was bloddy hard to keep a good edge

heres some pics

drill a hole, thread a grit edge hacksaw blade through the hole and cut it out by hand.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

We used a tile snapper to cut the clean breaks in the tiles. It has a diamond blade that scores the top of the tile, and then a bar that applies pressure at exactly the right spot. You can hire them easily. For the picture above, that is always going to be a difficult cut. I would think about maybe phoning a tiler to see if they will cut it for you while they're out on site.

We also found drilling holes with a diamond bit in a circle to remove larger areas of tile, and then just neatening it up with a nibbler.

These were pocelain floor tiles too, so they were bloody hard to work with.

these cuts are and absolute bugger

Quote Originally Posted by elphingirl
    We used a tile snapper to cut the clean breaks in the tiles. It has a diamond blade that scores the top of the tile, and then a bar that applies pressure at exactly the right spot. You can hire them easily. For the picture above, that is always going to be a difficult cut. I would think about maybe phoning a tiler to see if they will cut it for you while they're out on site.

We also found drilling holes with a diamond bit in a circle to remove larger areas of tile, and then just neatening it up with a nibbler.

These were pocelain floor tiles too, so they were bloody hard to work with.
    yeaj i already had a slide board tile cutter aswell from DTA. Spent 200 bucks on 2 tile cutters and an angel grinder diamond blade and still cant bloody do it

Drummelars,
    What about marking the tiles that you need cut and taking them to a pro tiler. Try calling a few and maybe arrange to meet them on their work site. Give them a few bucks and see what happens.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Good luck drum,

I can hear the frustration in your posts. I can't provide you with any helpfull info because I don't know. But maybe a bit of moral support.

Hang in there, some good advice above you will get it. First thing though, good strong coffe.

Cheers Rod
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

yeah thanks guys.

i also tried one of those drill bits with a spinner thmngy on it for cutting tiles and it was $40 bucks and was useless as tits on a bull, the drill aprt couldnt even break through the cermaic tile to get to the hole ctting part.

waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by HJ0
    For cutting holes in the centre of tiles all you need, A short piece of water pipe approx dia of the hole size75mm long.

Get/make a little pick hammer which looks like a small nail punch sharpened to point at one end... you can make one easy if not i have seen them at bunnings.

Mark where you want the hole, then go outside and sit down lol. place the pipe on the concrete and with the hammer start taking tiny tiny little taps in the centre... like real slowly until you make a little hole in the middle.

Caution: never let the tile move off the pipe while tapping, or the tile will break everytime.

As the hole gets bigger, you keep the edge of the hole close to the rim of the pipe but not on it.

Not! joking do all this at a snails pace, you will get the feel after practicing on a few scrap tiles.

ps if it was daytime i would take some pics, of the tools required...been years since i used them lol

HJ0 Cheers go for it cuz you will feel great after making that first hole... Goodluck:eek:
    would be good to see some pics mate so i can get and idea of what you talking about.

cheers

Default Cutting Tiles

You could be in a bit of trouble depending on how much you have left between the waste and the other tile.You could get them down to about ten mm or so(depending on tile)if you had to, but after that it would be pretty hard(appearance would not be great either)I'm a bricklayer by trade but have done(do)plenty of tiling and I would have changed the set out if the cut worked out like it has.The position of the waste (wastes)is probably the main consideration when setting out your floor.We also have a spare wastes and use them as templates to mark both sides of the tile and come in through the back with the anglegrinder (quite easy in most cases,depending on tiles)Same with any holes ,you can buy lots of holecutters but most blokes just come in from behind with the grinder after marking both sides(again this makes it a pretty easy thing to do)Probably a bit late now but maybe you can try these things next time
    Regards Terry