Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Neighbours...what do you do?

Last week I retreived the 3 recycle bins from the nature strip and stacked them inside the yard so that I could haul them up the drive later on. Later in the night went down and there were only 2. The thing was the one that had gone was actually from another council about 50 miles away and clearly marked.

Sooooo this morning I go for a little stroll and would you believe it.. There it is 2 doors down, painted over no less.

I ring on this blokes doorbell wanting to tear shreds of him, bugger no ones home. I have since imbibed a cuppa and calmed down and am now thinking what should I do now?

1. Declare war?:mad:
    2. Politely ask for it back and calm down?
    3. Seek revenge through some sensless, juvenile act.

I must admit I am getting to the stage in my life when it would be nice to have someone in my street still talking to me and I wonder if the problem may be me and not my weird freaky neighbours.

So people what would you do?

When they put theres out next time go for a walk at night and take it for a wheelie ride a coupla blocks and leave it down the road a bit. Someone else will keep thiers and so on.

1080 baits on the handle?
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle

Just take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by craigb View Post
    Just take it back.
    I agree.

But it sounds like you shouldn't have really had it in the first place anyway, if it was issued by another council. Not that I'm passing any judgement - I'm guilty of the same. We get issued one recycling 'bucket' by our council, and I always put out three. Two from our council (don't know where the 2nd one came from :confused: ) and one from a council about 100kms away. Garbos don't care. I don't care.

Just take it back. It's not like they can get irate about it.

And then your neighbour will know that you know who took it, and you will always have one over them. Pretend that it never happened and your neighbour will be eternally embarressed.
    Retired member

Quote Originally Posted by craigb View Post
    Just take it back.
    Exactly why didn't you take it back? You could then burn your street number, lightly of course, into the side of the bin so if it wanders off again you can prove it's yours.

There is always a chance this guy doesn't realise he has your bin, a new bin maybe, but not yours.

If you let him keep it and he is fully aware that it's yours other things may go missing if he thinks you're an easy mark.

I suggest a chat and if that fails burn his house down:eek: :eek:

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

Yep, just take it back. They'll know, you'll know, they'll know you know etc. Should make for an interesting time ahead.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Yeh but if i just take it back I dont get to see him squirm

And besides why should I have to take the paint off I've got enough chores that need thinking about.

Quietly take yours back, then either paint all of yours a distinctive colour or engrave them. Are they plastic, can you inscrtibe your address in them, either with a soldering iron or something? Someone might be able to repaint it, but it would be hard to cover up engraving.
    Do you want to see him squirm, or do you still want to be on talking terms, though if he is that light fingered do you really want to talk to him?

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
    I suggest a chat and if that fails burn his house down:eek: :eek:

HH.
    I like this.

If you pay for the bins through your rates, then take it back. If he sees you doing this, just say "oh thanks for finding my bin mate, really appreciate it, I thought it was a total gonner and you know how b*&^%^& expensive these things can be. Cheers...." All said so nicely and sincerely of course Only a real tw0t would try to come back against that....

W

I vote for just take it banck, then a sensless act of violence against his property, only because the selnceless act of violence is fun...

any one got a penny bunger for the letterbox... Even more fun if the letterbox is in his front door
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Hi Gra,
    What about putting some Dihydrogen monoxide in his swimming pool or is that taking things a bit far?

A little devil's avocate (I can, because if it were me in that situation, there would be rage, and it is hard to think through that)

Are you sure he didn't have a bin from the same council through whatever means prior, and had painted it over already? Unlikely, but just a thought.

If you do confront, remember he would be expecting it (if this is what he did, it was deliberate, and he would have thought through the confrontation scenario, and how to react if accused), so he's unlikely to squirm for your pleasure anyway. Better the "I know that you know that I know".
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

Or, put some weed in the bin, then call the cops saying you have become aware of a neighbour growing dope.

If he says it's not his bin, that he stole it from you.... "So you grow dope, and you steal people's bins - wanker"
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com