Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Shop Made Drill Press Stand

My better half bought me a little benchtop drill press for Christmas, which is a great addition to the workshop. I was lacking the bench space to store it though so built this little bench for it out of scrap that was around the workshop. It's stable and as solid as a rock, and gives me a place to store all my drill bits and containers of fasteners too.

Basically I built two side frames, then joined them up and put a top and shelves in. It's not the prettiest of joinery but I was trying to use up the scrap pile!

20130101_153212.jpg20130101_165828.jpg20130106_175251.jpg20130120_194040.jpg
    ---

Visit my blog The Woodwork Geek to see what I've been up to or follow my ramblings on Twitter

Great idea keeping machines off the workbench. I always build stands for anything new that I get, and if you can get away with using leftovers, it's even better.
    Good thinking putting the extra shelves in, as any extra storage is always a benefit.
    I got a spindle Sander for Christmas, and the first thing I did was build a stand for it. I had some cheap lockable castors laying around, so they went on the stand so that I can move it around and use the sander on the stand, or wheel it over and put it on the bench if desired.
    Dallas

Great work mate, i just got a little drill press and put it on a cabinet also, saving valuable space on my workbench Love the shelving underneath for extra bits to be stored.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecycle View Post
    I had some cheap lockable castors laying around, so they went on the stand so that I can move it around and use the sander on the stand, or wheel it over and put it on the bench if desired.
    I actually bought casters for this stand, that's why the bottom frame is the way it is. I decided it may be too top heavy though so changed my mind.
    ---

Visit my blog The Woodwork Geek to see what I've been up to or follow my ramblings on Twitter