Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiama

Default Kiama

We are having a nasty cold snap at the moment (easterly winds from Russia and temp. in my workshop has ben down to minus 2c.)
    So got out the paintbox and remembered a day in Kiama last year (sun wasnt shinning though) and knocked out the painting below. (just to the right hand side of the harbour cliff side.

woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Very good Woody.

Did you do it just from memory?

great painting Jow a man of many talents u must have been facing north when you rememberd the sceen, caus you are on a tilt as the trees seem a bit pizzed
    Blowin in the Wind

Unfortunately I cannot paint from a memory, I either paint on location or use my photographs. Redwood; not just using a bit of artist license

As regards talent I found painting was the same learning curve has learning to read and write. It just took a little longer
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by jow104

As regards talent I found painting was the same learning curve has learning to read and write. It just took a little longer
    G'day mate!

Just as some folk can write "hello", that might not mean that they can write as magically as in Keats' "Endymion", or as Goethe, Plato, or many others. Some can, and some just simply cannot.

You appear to have some of the "can" - for which I admire you.

Cheers!

You forgot to draw in people drowning in the blowhole

There seems to always be someone falling in:eek:

Blowhole, that's why there were no people around.

Did this painting of a local Devon scene as well this week. A diesel along the sea wall at Teignmouth, definately done from one of my photographs, they travel too fast to paint at location.

woody U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzler
    You forgot to draw in people drowning in the blowhole

There seems to always be someone falling in:eek:
    But wouldnt they get blown out??

Al :confused:

Al. That was a quick one!
    woody U.K.

quote=jow104]We are having a nasty cold snap at the moment (easterly winds from Russia and temp. in my workshop has ben down to minus 2c.)
    .[/quote]

Oh I remember those days fondly (I'm now in therapy to deal with the memories), having to take the glue home so it won't freeze, wearing gloves to stop the hands from going numb. The only benefit to working in a woodshop in a cold climate is you had a way of getting rid of the waste easily. Now all I have to worry about is how to get the sand out of my ears after I've been dumped by a big wave.

Great painting,
    Today there is not a cloud in the sky, the temperature in about 28 degrees C with a strong North eastely breeze as I look out on your scene from the lounge room. Where I have just been watching "this old house " demonstrate a neat saw for mitering cornice.

A few days ago the waves were breaking up the rocks neally haf way up those trees.

Thanks for the compliments.

Durwood, you must reside in one of those properties just behind the parking spaces. I thought at the time I could live there, and it's a nice town, even visited the local bakery, purchased some of those delicious creameries and had lunch on he picnic tables opposite.

woody U.K.

Nice work on all the paintings
    Brett

Only Robinson Crusoe could get everything done by Friday!

If we have free speech, why do I still get phone bills?

Because you are not using Skype
    woody U.K.

Default painting.

Mate,

the painting looks great. brought back a few memories of growing up around there. I have fished in around there a few times, even in front of the blow hole. Must have been lucky as I am still here.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.