Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help needed with monkey trap

I require some help in designing and possibly constructing a trap to catch a monkey, know to frequent these forums.

I have no doubt he's a cunning little fellow, so an equally clever trap will be required.

Oh, the reason for trapping the little primate. I'm sick of the little mongrel giving me raspberries for no reason. The latest came for a thread which had its last post 6 weeks ago. So I just wish to "persuade" him to move on and find another toy to play with.
    Boring signature time again!

Your avatar seems to be swinmging a cricket bat - if you change it he might leave you alone.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Thumbs up A sure thing

Quote Originally Posted by outback
    I require some help in designing and possibly constructing a trap to catch a monkey, know to frequent these forums.

I have no doubt he's a cunning little fellow, so an equally clever trap will be required.

Oh, the reason for trapping the little primate. I'm sick of the little mongrel giving me raspberries for no reason. The latest came for a thread which had its last post 6 weeks ago. So I just wish to "persuade" him to move on and find another toy to play with.
    Try some of Al's pancakes, they are so heavy that when your monkey swings from tree to tree he'll miss the branch and fall to his well deserved demise.
    Glad to be of help.
    Petre R.

I'm sick of the little mongrel giving me raspberries for no reason. The latest came for a thread which had its last post 6 weeks ago.

The best monkey cage I have is to award the issueance of a raspberries with a public viewing by way of apologizing. Even if the apology is not necessary, ridiculous and stupid it draws attention to the raspberry and its giver and let your peers know what is happening.

So outback which post has upset the little monkey?

Peter.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Monkey? Monkey? The only monkey I know is Zed and he wouldn't do anything like that ...

I wonder if you'll get a raspberry outa this thread.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    The best monkey cage I have is to award the issueance of a raspberries with a public viewing by way of apologizing. Even if the apology is not necessary, ridiculous and stupid it draws attention to the raspberry and its giver and let your peers know what is happening.

So outback which post has upset the little monkey?

Peter.
    I noticed your approach, so I decided to take a slightly different tack.

Latest raspberry for this thread.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...6752#post96752

To save time, it was where we discussed rep points, and being allowed to give them to someone again sooner than the original 20 times to different people.

The time before,
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...046#post103046

This is where we slammed PeterR for wanting to load a gun, but getting us to pull the trigger, I didn't say anything then, cos, I stuck my chin out fairly well.

Echnidna, (ya gotta change ya name), I await with baited breath to see what our furry friend thinks of this.
    Boring signature time again!

Quote Originally Posted by Outback
    May the one in red make all your Christmas wishes come true.
    I think you are part of the problem Outback!!!

He's just trying to make our Christmas wishes come true by giving us a red!!!

Cheers,

P

Hey Midge,
    Shouldn't the line below your avatar say: yes..no..****..sorry
    Last edited by Shane Watson; 20th December 2004 at 10:40 PM.

May the one in red make all your Christmas wishes come true.
    The one in red, would that be Kylie Minogue or Nicole Kidman?

Well. the original trap was a jar/urn with a narrow neck and just big enough for him to squeeze his hand in. Put some food/lollies in it; and when the greedy little buggar shoves his mitt in and grabs a handfull, he can't get the closed fist out. Too dumb and greedy to let go of the goodies.

Maybe something along those lines.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Hey Midge,
    Shouldn't the line below your avatar say: yes..no..****..sorry
    In ordinary circumstances yes, but presently we're playing Pakistan, and I reckon even I could throw straighter, faster.

(BTW running between wickets was not one of my strong points, but fortunately my batting was so crook I didn't have to do it very often.)

P

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Sounds like you had the same coach as I did
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

I have some great pancakes...will these help?

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Dear Sirs,

I wish to formally complain about the treatment on this thread towards lower order primates, we (the royal we) feel that this vilification is unwarranted and designed to cause those of us with hairy backs excessive mental damage and medical bills. Furthermore the vilifiers must realise that the distribution of reds v's greens is simply a matter of balancing the excessive "kumbay - ah - nessness" prevalent on these forums where spreading loving and excessive nicety seems to be the order of the day. since when has the practical minded aussie male been known to be polite and kind ????

One must also realise that the distribution of reds v's greenies is a personal preference where said monkey (in fact ape, as monkeys have tails whereas apes eg chimps do not) gives 'em out when he disagrees or feels its funny to do so... funny to me of course... so big rasberrys to all you whingers - surely you know me by now - I only slag, bag and raspberry the frivoulious postings - the serious stuff is left alone

dont take it seriously mate. feel free to give me reddies whenever you feel like it! I come here to break up my day and have a bit of fun with my virtual mates!!!

PS - for the record the last time where you mentioned your aldufus was supposed to be a greenie but I had "mouse finger slippage" and clicked and navigated too fast. so that was an error - nonetheless in the long run it has tunred out rather funny hasnt it.....

PUBLIC NOTICE - as a token of resistance please may I implore you all to give outback a greenie or 2 to placate his sole....

toodles!
    Zed