Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Nice forstner bit,,, graphic

Shame about the finger

Yesty... Forstner bit jumped the hole and into the finger munched both tenons and minced the meat inside... overnight stay and surguy later Im a bloody one flippered penguin for a month That is my finga an flippa

dumbass tryin to save a few seconds an doin it by hand instead of the drill press

USE THE BLOODY DRILL PRESS
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

ouch
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Geez!
    Can't imagine how much that would smart!!!

Regards,
    Noel

Sometimes before you start you just know it's gunna hurt.

Take it easy

Macca

Come on! Couldn't you take better pics than that. Like lifting the flap and letting us see the tendons. I'm actually surprised your pics are so clear. I would suspect you'd have a fair bit of hand shake from the adrenalin pumping.

So I take it thats your fingy Ding?
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Hey Ding....are they roaches in the ash tray? They'll calm you down...
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Wotta barsteward That had to smart...

Get better soon, Shane.

Cheers.............Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

oooohh it hurts.... like it REALLY REALLY

HURTS!!!

then it didnt just stung like a right buggar and didnt bleed much either,,, now however it does... unfortunatly for me Im allergic to all opiates soooo when I say it hurts you know it

HURTS

Panadol really doesnt cut it when it comes to this sorta pain eh

And funny thing was as I lifted the drill it and it caught it was sorta like my mind went oooh shyte this is gonna hurt... yep its my "favorite" cutting finga... I mean if Im gonna cut or in this instance drill a finga its the left index one that gets it

Not as bad as that other one in the other thread but at least you know who owned this one

I have learnt a solid lesson... use forstner bits in a drill press not in a hand drill
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    ............Panadol really doesnt cut it when it comes to this sorta pain eh .................
    Shane,
    ask your doc about Tramadol/Zydol (Tramadol Hydrochloride) sometimes used for heavy duty pain and not an opiate AFAIK. Oh, and keep your fingers out of the way next time.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

yep your right Mick but its another Im allergic too... only serious pain killers I can have are Largactil and Fernergon not pain killers really more I think tranquilizers knock me out for 24 hours and then mushed brain for another 24

And your right... think boy think!!!

Unhappy

Shane, mate,
    it's bad enough hurting yourself but if you're allergic to pain killers it really sucks! Bugger! I seriously think that you and a few others hereabouts who seem to be accident prone need to seriously re-evaluate your work procedures. Safety needs to become an ingrained habit, something that's considered at every step of the job, and throughout your day. I don't think I'm paranoid and I've been engaged in high risk occupations and past times for a large part of my life but it's highly unusual for me to even need a bandaid. (Scribing ridge capping is one time I might need a bandaid, but that's about it) I really don't want to be reading about any serious injuries here (shudder)

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Sorry about your oops, Shane. Hand-held tool OR hand-held workpiece, BUT NOT BOTH! Or preferably, neither. I had all the fun I need with a Lancelot. Didn't hurt at all at first; 'course, my wiring's shot, so that might not mean much.

Have you tried "non-prescription" painkillers? Worth a try if you don't mind peeing a lot.

Joe
    Of course truth is stranger than fiction.
    Fiction has to make sense. - Mark Twain

Strewth!! Jeez Dingo your having a shocker of a month. I hope the finger heals quick and it's back to 100% functionality. You might want to consider wearing armour, helmet and gauntlets next time you enter your shed

Cheers,

Evan
    It's better to be thought of as a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt!

Dingo, check with your chemist for an over the counter pain killer called "Veganin" - strong and works for me. I usually have a box on hand - don't use them at all often - usually have to toss some out as the box goes out of date. You will probably have to show ID and sign for them - I did last time.

Hope the recovery is fast

Bob