Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Who still installs Tilt-A-Doors???

I'm busily converting the old garden shed to my new workshop and a key to the plan is the installation of a garage-style door, preferably a tilt-a-door, as rollerdoors kill too much headroom, and the tiltadoor gives you a nice verandah when it's open. But no-one seems to install them anymore!!! Everyone's either doing rollerdoors, or fancy $5000 cedar tilt-a-doors for swanky inner city apartments. What happened to the cheap-as-chips bit of steel frame and corrugated iron with a counterweight attached that we all know and love? Are there any tradies out there who still do them? If so, please point me in their direction.

-Edwin

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm busily converting the old garden shed to my new workshop and a key to the plan is the installation of a garage-style door, preferably a tilt-a-door, as rollerdoors kill too much headroom, and the tiltadoor gives you a nice verandah when it's open. But no-one seems to install them anymore!!! Everyone's either doing rollerdoors, or fancy $5000 cedar tilt-a-doors for swanky inner city apartments. What happened to the cheap-as-chips bit of steel frame and corrugated iron with a counterweight attached that we all know and love? Are there any tradies out there who still do them? If so, please point me in their direction.

-Edwin
    Hi Edwin

Do you have the Tilt-a-door kit abd the door or do you still have to purchase it.

If you have all the gear you can go here and get the installation manuals, scroll down to tilt a doors.

No, I've just got the garden shed with just a little personal access door. I need to cut out half the front wall and put in a nice big opening.

I would just buy the appropiate kit for the door size, download the installation instructions and install it yourself. They are not that difficult. The kit type is governed by the weight of the door.