Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default exposed aggregate

About to get exposed ag done for pathways. Got a price of around $30m2 for job that entailed the use of a retardent just as the mix was going off and then hosing off and a price of $60m2 that entailed the mix getting hand floated to smooth surface and having an acid applied. The next day the mix was was hardened fully was then blasted to remove the acid and this resulted in an even 1mm exposure across the surface.
    I have seen both finishes and the acid method is much smoother and uniform but obviously more expensive.
    Not many grano workers seem to use the latter in WA. Anyone heard of this procedure.

Try Fluid Limestone - www.fluidlimestone.net.au. I am using them for my Liquid Limestone and it says on their website that they do exposed aggregate but not too sure if it is what you are after - give them a ring anyways. I found them after a recommendation on another website.

hello,

your prices for exposed aggregate sound awfully cheap

in Melb they are aound 130sqM for quality job and they look real good

be careful if cheap, I have client who got for under 100sqM and it was pretty ordinary

do not let concretor do in stages (on different days) and if big job they will sometimes want you to do this, risk is different color

typically they always spray a product over it and high pressure to take top off,

there is a lot of time involved in exposed aggregate, ie. waiting time

thankyou
    myla

Think about it before you do it, aside from the nice look of it there are a lot of drawbacks. It is a mongrel if for any reason you have to kneel on it or lay on it. As it ages the pebble will come loose and if vehicle traffic is constant, in that the steering has to be moved each time it is backed or driven out, it will loosen the pebble in local patches. Also, constant hosing or pressure cleaning will have the same effect.

How do I know?...I have the stuff from the gutter to the front roller door of my workshop out the back, it is that crappy looking I was thinking of ripping it up and replacing it with plain concrete!.....But each to there own, I think if I was to put down a new drive and wanted something nice I would use anything but exposed agg.
    savage(Eric)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.