Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Spot repairs on polished flloorboards

A couple of years ago I sanded, stained and polished my parquetry floors, they came up a treat.

However during some further renovations I dropped some paint remover in a couple of areas about an inch or two square have been damaged.

I am not sure how to tackle the repair, I have removed the effect gloss finish but what next, if apply more gloss I will end up with an uneven finish, but sanding will leave affect the surrounding areas as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

this is a bit of a toughie - of course the smart**** in me wants to ask you why you would have paint remover there in the first place but that's because I have done far stooopida things in my time and love a p!ss take.

As you mention that you are the one who did the job previously, I imagine you know what you used finish-wise. So i would suggest going through the exact same process, then hitting the newly done areas with steel wool to knock the top off the shine. I doubt you would need to use furniture grade steel wool, as a floor gets rough treatment. Anyway, using the same ingredients and a bit od what I call "detail-ageing" should do it.
    Steve
    Kilmore (Melbourne-ish)
    Australia

....catchy phrase here