Hello All,

At long last the floorsanders are in! After reading lots of posts on this forum and talking to some Trade guys( Thanks Clint!), I decided to get my Kauri Boards done by a pro.

Its a Fed style semi circa 1910-18 ( I found a KB bottle dated 1918 under one of the floors~"Store in a cool place!")

I am renoing it from origional condition. Think old style boiler for water in Bathroom, clawfoot bath, exposed plumbing, including gaslights, lime plaster on the walls, lathern plaster ceiling all cracked etc etc.

I fell in love with the 10 ft ceilings leadlight, fireplaces etc so Its by no means all bad.

Bathroom, painting, and front room reno done, now its time to attack the stinky old carpet.

After some really painful days pulling up carpet, a million staples, dusty carpet backing and some little repairs, the Floorsanders arrive.

They waste no time at all in banging in the nails in the front room. Then they hit the Japan Black with the 40 grit....

Ouch, the old 90 deg rough sand....
As you can see, Its a "rustic" floor rather than a showpiece, lots of character!

To be continued!

More...