Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Exclamation newbee needs help!!

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any of you guys can tell me where to go to by some nice sollid hardwoods in the East Sydney area for a little entertainment unit project. I'm looking for some nice long sharp grained dark heavy timber, not to many requiremants i hope.

I will try to do this in my friends warehouse but if you have a workshop and want to let me in for a bit of cash or know anywhere i can go and use some proper tools please let me know.

cheers
    Dave

Hi damol,

With regard to use of a workshop there is or was a facility available just north of Hornsby.

I will ask one of the other forum members to come forth with details.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

re timber, give Greg Ward a call or see his post under "Sydney specialty timber sale".
    Quote; "Please pm or call me on 0412 996260 to get address, planning the sale for next Sunday afternoon if there is any interest, we can pull the piles apart.
    Regards
    Greg"

If you go along you will find some great timber at reasonable prices and you will get to meet other forum members who except for one or two are friendly and willing to offer advice.

For workshop facilities and courses look at http://www.diywoodworks.com.au/classes/. They are at Mt Kuringai just north of Hornsby.

prozac

what is you guys oppinion on Ironwood in Lilyfield and theis prices and do you have any recomendations for where to get timber in the east and inner west sydney area??

while i'm at it i might just ask about some design help... how should i treat the gaps between drawers in respect of a piece of timber behind it? As you can see on the attached pics i have two cupboard doors on each far end and then a vertical CD stacker drawer inside each of them and in the middel i have two horizontal drawers with a shelf space on the top. my problem is that i want all pieces to line up with some backing behind the gaps but that does not work between the CD stacker drawers and the horizontal drawers as i have lined up the vertical support member with the outside edge of the CD stacker. same thing goes for the top of the CD stackers and the cupboard drawer but i'm not to fuzzed about them as they will be hidden in most views. does anyone get what i'm trying to say??

Attachment 61986

Attachment 61987