G'Day Everyone,

I have been reading a lot on floating timber floor for the past few days and looked at some real stuff over the weekend. My question is how well will the ultraset glue hold the T&G solid timber (18mm) together without any nails? Like glue on the concrete slab and push the timber into the groove (making abit of glue stuck in between the tongue and groove) and hammering it.

For veneered, my understanding is to have a layer of moisture thingy on top of the concrete slab (still not familiar with the technical term) then a layer of those white underlay (that looks like a form of insulation?) and finally start laying the veneered.

As I am planning to DIY the timber floor, I am a bit reluctant to go down the nailing path. If the glue doesn't hold the timber strong enough together, I might just go with the veneered timber path with the "click" configuration.

The place where the timber is going will be my room (15sqm) and another note is I have the habit of not wearing shoes at home. The timber I am looking at falls under the hardwood catagory (Jatobah, Jarrah, Blue gum etc). Considering these factors, I'm actually thinking the veneered would be sufficient for this instance.

Hope to get some advise from experienced builder or someone who's DIY before.

Many Thanks.

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...