Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Question Burgess BK2 bandsaw Help Please

I recently acquired a Burgess BK2 from the local recyclingcentre here in canberra. It seems complete apart from blade missing and what may be a dud motor. Can anyone point me towards Australian agent or provide copy of manual/parts list or any other useful information on this unit. I will use it mainly for producing pen and bowl blanks for turning. Unit seems ideal for my purpose and price was right ;-) Other info blade length 56 or 56 1/2 inches

Any help or suggestions appreciated

Ian

I believe that Burgess were taken over by Record.

Default Burgess BK2

Thanks for your reply. Yes I managed to find that out from searching. I was hoping that you or others might know if Record (or more likely a chinese company) continued making the BK2 under another brand name/model number. If this is so I might be able to buy accessories for more recent model that will fit my old BK2. I'll try searching for "Record Bandsaws"
    Ian - ever optimistic

My search found this:
    Den Tukker manual
    might need to contact the webpage owner for a copy.

and
    Powerline Bandsaw Spares Locator :: UKworkshop.co.uk

hope it helps, hollar if you need a hand.

Default Burgess BK2 Help Please

I tried Den Tukker website and sent him (her?) an email, but so far no reply about manual. I have discovered from an old Australian Woodworker Sept/Oct 1990 that Ridgeway/Tesco in Villawood NSW were agents for Burgess, but they seem to have gone out of business. What I would appreciate is diagram or photo of guide bearing and blocks. Original graphite blocks are present, but something seems to be missing above them--probably a bearing.

I guess there is always the scrap value in this old saw ;-D

Thanks again for help.
    Ozzi

Got any pictures of the problem area?

Quote Originally Posted by ozziozzi View Post
    I recently acquired a Burgess BK2 from the local recyclingcentre here in canberra. It seems complete apart from blade missing and what may be a dud motor. Can anyone point me towards Australian agent or provide copy of manual/parts list or any other useful information on this unit. I will use it mainly for producing pen and bowl blanks for turning. Unit seems ideal for my purpose and price was right ;-) Other info blade length 56 or 56 1/2 inches

Ian
    I have a Burgess BK2 Band Saw and I have the manual with ti which has a parts list. I can scan it and send you a copy if you still want it? Would have to be by email as I am in England.

Edward

Default Ref BK2 bandsaw.

I have been given a BK2 and am also looking for spares list and user manual. Any chance of e-mailing me a scanned copy ...? Also may need some spares, not sure yet! Any leads on spares in the UK would be much appreciated. Thanks, Brianbee

no problem I will scan my manual and email it to you. I can see how to email you from your profile!
    Last edited by Edward1; 1st October 2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: correction

Default BK2 manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward1 View Post
    no problem I will scan my manual and email it to you. I can see how to email you from your profile!

Thanks for that Edward; looking forward to receiving the manual from you. Nice to know there are helpful people around! brianbee

Quote Originally Posted by Edward1 View Post

Hi... Having the same problem aquiring a manual for the Burgess BK2 myself. If possible could you please email me a copy too

Neil..

Default Edward1

Hi Edward, I see from the forum that you have a manual for the BK2 bandsaw and wondered if you could send or email a copy to [email protected]. I have just acquired one of these machines, complete, except only a single speed motor is fitted and no provision for belt change to effect a second speed.
    Hoping you can help,
    Cheers,
    JCHall

Quote Originally Posted by ozziozzi View Post

Ian

Supply the saw with good quality blades. Blades that last longer and cuts great!