Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Interviews for members

I like this idea on the Sawmill Creek forum of interviewing members. I think it's be useful for would-be woodworkers like myself to hear some of the backgrounds and approaches of the more professional or successful woodworkers on the forum. Perhaps it could be sent to them in the form of a questionnaire and posted to a thread when filled in.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28

The minor critiscm of the sawmill creek reviews is that they are predominantly about turners, instead of covering a broad spectrum of woodies.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

What a brilliant idea!!!

So what questions should we put together for our own Questionaire?

Cheers
    Wendy

The minor critiscm of the sawmill creek reviews is that they are predominantly about turners, instead of covering a broad spectrum of woodies.
    I was interviewed (interview available on their website). The format worked for me.

Here is the master list of interviews to date: http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=31388

And here is the link to mine: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=32656

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by derekcohen

I was interviewed
    Derek, realy like your Dads chairs. Very nice

Interviews,

Half of this mob wouldn't get in if we had interviews (Some nameless mods included...)

Seriously, could be interesting to read some of the answers
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Anyone care to add / remove any questions?

1. Name (and nick names)

2. Age/DOB

3. Location (present and previous)

4. Tell us about your family, do they like you.

5. How do you earn a living, woodworking or other, any interesting previous occupations, convictions or prison stories.

6. Equipment overview (hand tools and other, no here please)

7. Describe your shed

8. Tell us about the handplanes you own, and your favorites one(s) to use

9. Your favorite cold chisel song.

10. Your favorite handsaw(s).

11. Do you use western tools or Japanese, why do you prefer the ones you use.

12. Do you have a woodworking home page.

13. Do you have any influences in your work. Certain styles or designers you follow/prefer.

14. Do you have any ancestors who were woodworkers that served as inspiration.

15. What is your favorite project, or part of a project, you have ever done and why.

16. Do you believe there is any spiritual dimension to woodworking with handtools, alcoholic or otherwise.

17. How much of your work is done by handtools. Do you use whatever is best for the job or do you use handtools even when they are less efficient.

18. What is your single most favourite tool, and why.
    Always look on the bright side...

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer

8. Tell us about the handplanes you own, and your favorites one(s) to use

9. Your favorite cold chisel song.

10. Your favorite handsaw(s).

11. Do you use western tools or Japanese, why do you prefer the ones you use.

Way too much emphasis on the neanderthal approach to woodworking.

I would prefer a more general approach as to tools, plugin or otherwise, so that the enlightened woodworker that uses the appropriate tool for the specific application can also be included.

Peter.

I'm not about to give out my full name on the 'net. As I'm one of only nine people in all of Australia with my surname it would be all too easy for some low life to find my shed and all the goodies that it contains. Also as Peter has mentioned it's a bit biased towards the darksiders, hey, I even try to avoid using plug in power tools, preferring to use stationary machinery wherever possible.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman Mick
    As I'm one of only nine people in all of Australia with my surname it would be all too easy for some low life to find my shed and all the goodies that it contains.

Mick

I'm like that too Mick. Anyone, anywhere, with the same spelling of my surname is a relation of mine.

A few years ago I saw that some yanks had the same surname as mine and further research showed that they were descendants of my great grandfather's brother who had emigrated to the US in 1910.

Peter.

I don't understand the point of it. :confused:

I mean, it's the internet Anybody is free to make up any old crap.

If you want to know what a member is about, just read their posts.

One thing with Sawmill Creek is that members are strongly encouraged to register using their full name. Also if you wnat to be in their version of the Free Stuff Draw you have to be registered with you full name.

I would have no problem with the interviews but why not let people use their forum ID? I know with the couple of forum gatherings I've been too that a lot call each other by their username not real name.

But, the ultimate decision comes from Neil if you want a seperate section. Have to wait till he's said his piece.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHammer
    Anyone care to add / remove any questions?

1. Name (and nick names) Randorlf the third

2. Age/DOB Star date 12.5.789

3. Location (present and previous) Outer Bloogymond, third rate

4. Tell us about your family, do they like you. Family is silicone based neo nanderforms, What is like?

5. How do you earn a living, Living? woodworking or other what is wood, any interesting previous occupations, Cheif standerform on the planet Xychorm convictions or prison stories. Non

6. Equipment overview (hand tools and other, no here please) spanderex scanferx mk III, also non compliant derfrorod

7. Describe your shed non compliant with the federation

8. Tell us about the handplanes you own, and your favorites one(s) to use Neo plasmatismn non static farkquare

9. Your favorite cold chisel song. Last hopper out of Outer Froefper

10. Your favorite handsaw(s). Also Neo plasmatismn non static farkquare

11. Do you use western tools or Japanese, why do you prefer the ones you use. Negative, my fave is the non plasmatic ferksong

12. Do you have a woodworking home page. fff.Xzorkok.autr.fed.gal

13. Do you have any influences in your work. Certain styles or designers you follow/prefer. Styles, Outer Xrexeron is the coolest stuff.

14. Do you have any ancestors who were woodworkers that served as inspiration. Greap Groofender showed me what it is about

15. What is your favorite project, or part of a project, you have ever done and why. Recreating the so called Big Bang with Greap Groofender in a test tube

16. Do you believe there is any spiritual dimension to woodworking with handtools, alcoholic or otherwise. no

17. How much of your work is done by handtools. Do you use whatever is best for the job or do you use handtools even when they are less efficient. What is a hand?

18. What is your single most favourite tool, and why. My Fronmtelzetzle, because it so cool

Randorlf! My long-lost evil twin co-eval life form! So this is where you've been decomposing all this time!
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

Yes it has been some time my half brother to my sisters daughter, but I am back.
    Whmahahahahahahahahah....etc......

Ran