Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Corect Gas fittings for cooktop

I am trying to install a Pacini natural gas cooktop and there is an item that i asume is a regutator and was wondering if anyone new wether it has to sit horizontal or vertical.

Also i bought one of them flexible gas hoses and it has like an olive fiting in the end i was just wondering if it hs to screw on to a matching fiting or wether it justs screws on to a normal socket.

Sounds like you should engage a gas fitter, what many people do not realize is even though it is posible to diy, if you have a fire etc. and don't have the reqired certificate from a gas fitter,electrition or the like, your insurance company will not want to know you

I am a liscenced plumber, people do what you want to do every day, China's right you dont wanna do that. because..

Some units are not allowed to be connected with flex hoses, You need to install the regulator in a certain way or you may wreck it

If you dont set your gas pressure right you can cause a build up of carbon monoxide which is odourless, tasteless and deadly.

I would advise if you want to save cash.

Cut the hole in your bench, make sure the unit fits, make sure the isolator and pressure set are going to be in an EASILY accessable location, Make sure you have grade 1 fire protection on the walls near your cook top (plumber wont install it if you dont)

Call plumber for an easy job on way home, probably cost you $100 if you have everything and will take bout half hour.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!

Thanks bricks
    I have already instaled th unit myself and hooked up the gas line.
    U make a good point with the presure set doese it need to be located in an asesible postion because put it under the cook top?? I have used the unit and it all seams fine. But i might get a plumer out to have a look at it

Yes it has to be accessable, yes you need an isolator before you hook it up,Yes you NEED to have the pressure set to the correct amount it is dangerous if not burning correctly.

Get your plumber out, get him to check it, he may just have to check the pressure and make sure it's not leaking, he probbably wont give you a COC for it ( i wouldnt) but he'll soon tell you if it's dangerous.

Should only cost the call out fee.
    If you dont play it, it's not an instrument!