Greetings,

In a (hopefully temporary) moment of insanity I decided to renovate a kitchen in a small unit.

After a lot of looking around, we decided to use Laminex Readikits.

I've only just started assembling the cabinets, but so far the quality seems good. One of the things that influenced us to go with Readikits, was the fact that they are available in fully customizable sizes, for not that much extra (the Readikits "Trade Essentials" range, rather than the "Readikit Modular" range which is more like stuff from Ikea or Flatpax). They took only a week to produce, and I am particularly impressed with the way they come all sliced and diced and shrink wrapped with each individual cabinet panel labelled - top, bottom, left side etc.

The one area were they seem to fall down is with the instructions. They provide a DVD with instructions, and this is good, but I think a printed set of instructions, or at least some sort of checklist is almost essential.

In fact, from the DVD, I get the impression there are supposed to be individual instruction guides provided. At some points in the DVD you can see what is obviously a sheet of instructions lying next to the panels they are working on, and at one point they tell you to refer to the instructions.

However, except for a bit of information about the drawers (which I have not tackled yet), I received no printed instructions, and I can't located anything on the Web. When I asked the guys we bought the Readikits from, they told us that they have never seen any instructions, other than the DVD. They also seemed a bit sceptical when I said that the DVD refers to instruction sheets.

Has anybody who used the Readikits Trade Essentials kits managed to located printed instructions?

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...