Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Matching old Red Cedar Skirting from 1920's

G'day

I am trying to match existing cedar skirts exactly. I received a call today from a moulding company who last Sat. told me they can do the job, but today tell me they cannot. They say they cannot source the cedar, which I find very strange. The skirts are about 160mm high by 16mm thick and are a simple war service profile.

Would anyone have any ideas to help. I'm in the SE suburbs of Melbourne.

Thanks

Default red cedar

Why not buy the red cedar boards and have them mill them?

Mal from Boutique Timbers 0265 858296 can ship to Melbourne for you, or he will be at the WWW show in October and you could buy from him or soomeone else with cedar there.
    Regards
    Greg

Default Red Cedar

Greg

Many thanks. I did a search on the web and found someone in Syd who could do the job, but it seems incredible/bizarre that the task appears to beyond anyone in Melbourne.

After visiting the moulding firm last Saturday I was very very pleased with myself, thinking what a pleasure they were to deal with. Everything was to be taken care of and delivery arranged. Today, I'm not so warm and fuzzy about things. After expressing my displeasure, the lady at the moulding company said she would try another couple of places to source the timber (I called and found 2 suppliers within 5 minutes, one just down the road from the moulding co.) and call me back.

I'm trying to cover myself as the builders will be after the stuff in the next week or two.

Thanks agian for your comments.