Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Hello from the right-hand coast of the USA

I know. I'm way out of your time zone but I still joined this forum because it offers a lot of different opinions and, from what I've discovered, unique ways to solve woodworking questions.

I'm a former webmaster now turned woodworker. Couldn't have picked a worst time to get into this field--at least that's what people keep telling me.

However, I see it as just the opposite. They economy can't get much worse--unless there's a total meltdown. By getting into this as the bottommost slump things can only get better as the world economy improves--and it will improve. At least, that's what the Unemployment Office keeps telling me.

I just started turning and find I'm actually getting addicted to it. Who ever thought a spinning piece of wood could be so hypnotizing. Made quite a few pens and I'm screwing up my courage to turn bowls.

Between my time on the computer and my time in the workshop I'm really quite busy. And my wife thought she'd see more of me when I got into woodworking! What was she thinking?

Well, I gotta go. I have a command performance at the supper table. Thanks for letting me join this group.

All the best,

Wally
    "There are three types of people in this world: those who can count and those who can't."

welcome Alderaan to the timber (wood) addiction, the worlds only renewable recource.
    Don't force it, use a bigger hammer.

Timber is what you use. Wood is what you burn.

Different time zones you say. Unless you are on another planet you are on the same time zone. You are on the World Wide Web. This is after all a small planet and it is getting smaller.

Where else can you chat to a fellow in one country and then get a response from a fellow in another country.

Welcome to the Forum.

Default First time Visitor

G'day everyone,
    Well I'm a first time forum poster and a first time renovator. I have just purchased my first apartment and am now up for the big job doing the improvements. I have a wonderfully handy boyfriend who is helping with a lot of the work but he hasn't tackled everything in the past. I found this forum through the recommendations of a friend and already it has helped me out immensely!

So wish me luck and please be kind if I post something a little bit blonde occaisonally!

G'Day Wally & RG

Good to see you both on the best forum around.

Cheers
    Bernie

G'day to both of you and welcome to the forum.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Welcome to the asylum Wally

...what part of Jersey you from? I'm in Palmyra.
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Hi,

Yeah this forum will cater to your needs I recon.
    www.lockwoodcanvas.com.au

I will never be the person who has everything, not when someone keeps inventing so much cool new stuff to buy.

From an early age my father taught me to wear welding gloves . "Its not to protect your hands son, its to put out the fire when u set yourself alight".

Er, " ............. from the right-hand coast of the USA." This is the WWW so if I was in Greenland you'd be on the other side, wouldn't you?

Welcome and G'day.

soth

Hi Wally, welcome aboard.
    I'm just between you and our Aussie friends, so right in the middle.
    Timezone, the only thing I know when I peek in in the afternoon all the folks of Down Under goes to bed, and you have breakfast, or the second cup of coffee
    But it's good to welcome another hooked woodturner. If possible show us some of your work, as all of us like it to see pictures.
    Have fun. Ad