Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Default cruise control

If you set your cruise control speed above the speed limit you should then be convicted of a serious criminal offence. (the punishment I would leave to the greatest dedterrent that can realistically be made)

Roadside electronic controls could register criminal settings instead of the speed cameras.

Hows that for starters , OZ?
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

But I never set my criuse above the limit, always 2 kph below.
    So how is that going to stop ppl from haveing an accident?
    I can be cruising along minding my own business, and some doofus slams into me, but, I had the cruise set, and so did the other person?? :confused:

Al :confused:

Post Thanks / Like

Default speed again to OZ

To Ozwinner,

You were not speeding = OK
    The other driver has cruise control and working so speed might not be the cause of that accident.

With a chip in the car working with cruise control,who knows what further advancements could come

Safe distances apart.
    childrens carrying locators might stop motor vehicles getting to close.
    driver cant drive because his chip had not got insurance , car needs serviceing etc. etc. .
    disqualified driver chip stops car etc.etc.

Motor car manufacturers want to sell powerful cars they dont want these controls coming in . Do They?

Government workers dont want the hassle that this extra work could cause them????
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jow104
    childrens carrying locators
    It would make it easier to run the little buggers over too.

Al ( insert evil laugh here)

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jow104]If you set your cruise control speed above the speed limit you should then be convicted of a serious criminal offence. (the punishment I would leave to the greatest dedterrent that can realistically be made)

QUOTE]

TRUE STORY...............
    Some years ago we were undertaking a special operation on the local freeway and a mate booked a woman for speeding in the 110 KPH zone - Her excuse "I had my cruise control set so it is at fault not me" :confused:
    So my mate told her in no uncertain terms what the speed limit is and what she should have her cruise control set at.
    5 minutes later we got the same woman for travelling at 110 KPH in an 80 KPH zone. Her excuse" Your mate told me to set the cruise control at 110 and I did so he and the cruise control are to blame not me"

And people wonder why there are collisions. :confused:
    Regards,

BigPop
    (I never get lost, because everyone tells me where to go!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Err...Adrian,

How can anyone DUI possibly claim that it was a mistake?? And what of the kiddies you kill that one time??

"I'm sorry your honour, I thought my car was being driven by an alien?"

"I'm sorry your honour, I wondered why I didn't feel thirsty on the way home?"

"Really? Beer does THAT to your judgement??"

From memory last year's published stats had drink driving responsible for more than twice the number accidents caused by speeding. Even if I am wrong with that statistic, it should be the easiest cause to police and eliminate!

Sheesh!!!

P
    Sorry, I thought I had made my meaning clear. Obviously not. I was not saying that everyone is allowed to go out and get drunk, then drive. I was refering to the destruction of an offenders car for a second offence.
    I am always very careful about the amount I drink when I know I'm going to drive but, as you well know, there are instances when people make a mistake. After all, we are all human. When making a decision on the right of an offender to own a car the courts would have to make allowances for a first DUI offence as they do in many other crimes.
    By way of example, let's say that I own a rifle and one day I just get peed off with the world and go outside and fire the rifle in the air to blow off some steam. The police would come and arrest me and I would face court. I don't know whether discharging a weapon in a public place is a criminal charge or not but the rifle would be confiscated and my licence revoked, never to be issued again. Compare this with DUI which, I believe, is a criminal offence. It kills a few hundred Australians every year and yet even repeat offenders are given back the keys to their car. I don't see the logic.

Post Thanks / Like

Why, Oh WHY wont this thread die ???? undefinedundefined
    Zed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Why, Oh WHY wont this thread die ???? undefinedundefined
    I think there may be a clue in your post.
    You have to keep reading a thread and posting replies to keep it alive.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle
    Post Thanks / Like

In keeping with trying to kill this thread, I hereby refuse to post to it anymore

... err, I just have haven't I.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles
    In keeping with trying to kill this thread, I hereby refuse to post to it anymore

... err, I just have haven't I.
    Yep!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    Gaza,

We currently have about 12,000 police in the state of Victoria. Whilst we could do with some more, you would never have enough to rid the roads of fools. AND then there's the people who just stuff up who are otherwise good drivers. It happens. The coppers can't be everywhere, no matter how many there are, even if they were all as diligent and hard working as me .

Dan
    Yes, you're probably right Dan. But financial issues aside, I thought it might be the most effective deterrent of all. I also realise that some people "simply stuff up" but again a careful word from a friendly copper wouldn't go astray. I am not for one moment advocating "zero tolerance" on the road, but if more coppers were about, then the idiots who weave in and out of traffic, sit up your backside and generally drive in an insafe manner, would maybe get caught before they affect the lives of others.
    The Thief of BadGags

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by adrian
    I think there may be a clue in your post.
    You have to keep reading a thread and posting replies to keep it alive.
    Maybe everyone should be ike the 1851, er, 1850 people who looked but didn't post. Then again, the BB wouldn't last long aye? It will hit the proverbial pole sometime, and die quietly. Maybe we'll all talk about woodwork for a while?
    The only way to get rid of a [Domino] temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

.....so go4it people!