Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Aye!
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Driver, apparently women like a bloke who is man enough to wear pink. Therefore pink must be a blokely colour.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo
    Driver, apparently women like a bloke who is man enough to wear pink. Therefore pink must be a blokely colour.
    Mate, if you're referring to that Bundy ad, I'll point out to you something that the sheila has also missed: when she delivers that line about preferring a man who's man enough to wear pink, she's talking to a person (possibly a chap, I find it hard to believe he's a bloke) in a dyed pink polar bear suit.

This tends to dilute the potency of her argument.

Further, the pink in question has been derived from what is clearly a red footy sock judiciously dipped into the bear's bathwater by his blokely mates. (See Para 9 Blokely Attire, sub-para 9.3.3 Colour, sub-sub-para 9.3.3.4 Pink)

I think on either count the Code deals with your query satisfactorily. Thank you for raising it and providing us with an opportunity to test the Code's effectiveness.
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

Yup. (Any more "ayes" and we'll be up to our necks in eye patches, wooden legs and Seaman Stains!)
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Ah Ha! She said, as she waved 'er wooden leg!

Also known as "Aye!"

Have run said code past various blokes at work.

Whilst meeting with general apporval one bloke suggests footwear section should include specific reference to;

"manky uggboot with gaffa tape reinforcement"

Carry on.

"manky uggboot with gaffa tape reinforcement"
    Seconded.
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

OK, gents (see para 10- Inter-Bloke Communications, sub para 10.3 - Blokely Terms).

I have attached two files. They both contain the Code of Practice, brought up to date. One is in A4 format and the other in A5.

In the A4 file, amendments to the Code have been highlighted. They include

- Some minor modifications to the text throughout the Code, employing more precise terminology.

- An extra sub-paragraph on Sharpening in para 6 - Tools - suggested in part by SkewChiDAmN!!

- A useful addition to para 9 - Blokely Attire, submitted by BobL and his external sub-committee and dealing with the important issue of the gaffer-tape reinforced manky uggboot.

- A new section in para 10 - Inter-Bloke Communications, dealing with the previously omitted and very important area of Blokely Terms.

Please ensure that you read the updated Code of Practice and bring your personal copy up to date without delay to ensure compliance.

Thank you for your attention.

Toodle Pip!

Col
    Driver of the Forums

1.1.1.1. Note: The latter two terms can be used inter-changeably when addressing any group of blokes but are probably most effectively deployed when addressing members of a rival institution: another sporting team or woodworking club, for example.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    Or a bloke who has done himself an injury in the shed.

Dan

BTW: Toodle pip is a bit Chappish isn't it?
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    ...BTW: Toodle pip is a bit Chappish isn't it?
    Nah, it means 'the other end of the dog'

(Think about it.)
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanP
    BTW: Toodle pip is a bit Chappish isn't it?
    I was wondering when someone would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers
    Nah, it means 'the other end of the dog'
    Not bad, Ginge, but verging on chappish, too, I reckon.
    Driver of the Forums

big's pum.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Today while out trying to get a new frog for a stanley 220 I bought some A5 paper and tonight I printed out this wonderful document.
    Tomorrow I shall drill a hole in the top Right hand corner , cable tie together and shall enforce the rule that all who enter My Shed shall read and abide by the said document rules

Thanks to Driver ( Col) for the work and effort much appreciated
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

I dunno if this has already been mentioned but its a must to have a place in the shed which is reserved to "incubate" new tools until the missus realises that you already owned it a long time ago....;p

Col
    Somehow I only noticed this thread tonight and have sent myself to stand in the corner for being so unblokely.
    Whilst there I read a thread about intercoms between house and shed. This is something swmbo has tried to get me to install. I am proud of my efforts of passive resistance. Such a device would remove the very soul of the shed. It would reduce the shed to another place from where I could be found out hounded, harrangued and summoned.:eek:
    This must be made part of the code. Imagine not being able to use the old "if a machine is running don't come tapping me on the shoulder" line.
    This is a threat that no one else has foreseen. As insidious as telemarketers are in the house.
    I know this is a really late amendment but without it all previous efforts may well be thwarted.
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"