Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Err, think I'd prefer the addr of one of those lawns ;-}
    Cheers, Ern

It's time for the spelling nazies to chime into this load of codswallop, it's an insult to the fair dinkum people who try to help the less informed.
    one poor soul looking for someone to shed some light on his problem, was led astray by some joker who obviously has no idea watts happening in the current debate.
    tea lady trying to find what to do with her bulbs, not one helpful answer from anyone I think i'll have to find another forum to waste my time on if this is the kind of thing i have to put up with.
    disgruntled
    witch1

Sorry.... what was the question again?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

At about this point someone gets offended, slings off, gets indignant, retaliates, annoys a moderator, has posts deleted...........then gets banned.

think I'll go now.

Quote Originally Posted by witch1 View Post
    tea lady trying to find what to do with her bulbs, not one helpful answer from anyone.
    witch1
    I'm sure there are a lot of people here who could help out, maybe if a new thread was started then solutions would come pouring in.
    Silence is golden and Duct tape is silver...

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    Err, think I'd prefer the addr of one of those lawns ;-}
    Lawns? Are they good for bulbs? My lawn is all weeds. Maybe I need solar powered bulbs outdoors.

We'll get this thread in the orange room yet!
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)
    Follow my little workshop/gallery on facebook. things of clay and wood.

Default You're all wrong

No wonder there has been some much confusion in this thread. Not one of you has gotten it right yet.

There is no such thing as a light bulb. What you are all mistakenly calling light bulbs are, to use their correct title, is a Dark Sucker or DS for short).

Why do I hear someone ask? No? Ahh, there is always someone willing to ask, thank you to the gentleman in the 2nd row with the hat and goatee.

The reason why they are called DS is simple. The absence of dark is most noticeable the closer to the DS you look, simply because that is where the ability to suck darkness is highest, which simply explains why the further away from the DS, the higher the percentage of darkness in a given point in space.

As for the reason a DS gets so hot, well, it is simple really, glass is quite efficient at conducting heat and the little wire strand that actually creates the energy required to suck darkness has to vibrate incredibly fast in order to create enough of a vacuum to draw in the dark, dark matter being known to all scientifically minded people as being one of the heaviest substances known to man.

When the DS has reached its storage capacity of dark, and don't believe anyone who tries to sell you a DS that will last forever as they must by all laws of logic have a finite capacity to store dark, they simply stop working and are no longer able to suck darkness any longer.

Despite the best efforts of the onomatopoetically fastidious to have the correct name become the common terminology for what is known to the masses as a LB, it is believed that Edison himself is to blame, in a moment of temporary insanity brought about through long hours spent trying to create a perpetual motion device, he was asked to explain the workings of a DS to a newspaper reporter, who naturally enough got it wrong and the name stuck ever after.

So if we had enough "dark suckers" could we remove all the dark so there wasn't anymore? Or is there an infinite supply? :blink:
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

I really like Ray's take on this but feel obliged to point to a confusion between dark matter and black holes.

Most of the universe consists of dark matter, and we don't really know much about it.

It's black holes that contain almost infinitely heavy matter.

It may be that bulbs act as concentrators of dark matter funneling it into black holes in a parallel universe.
    Cheers, Ern

I really like Ray's take on this but feel obliged to point to a confusion between dark matter and black holes.

Most of the universe consists of dark matter, and we don't really know much about it.

It may be that bulbs act as concentrators of dark matter funneling it into black holes in a parallel universe.
    And this coming from a bloke who mistakenly persists in calling them light bulbs? Sheeesh. Next thing you know he will be trying to convince us all that the world is round!

No I wouldn't get that radical.

In fact I stepped off the edge last week.

Hope the Vatican reads these forums.
    Cheers, Ern

No I wouldn't get that radical.

In fact I stepped off the edge last week.

Hope the Vatican reads these forums.
    They'd be looking at the restoration forum.
    anne-maria.
    T
    ea Lady

(White with none)

Or, it may be Ray has forgotten to put on his Aluminium hat to stop the Aliens reading his thoughts....

Obviously, anyone who says light bulbs suck is certainly living in the dark ages and needs to be illuminated, or on the other hand it may be a simple case that Ray has forgotten to take his blue pill today.

Go ask Alice...
    Silence is golden and Duct tape is silver...