Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Mate,

"Code of Practice" - hereby known as C.O.P.

Appendix A & B: is this original input by the ubeat team ? if previous knowledge is drawn upon it should be appropriately indexed, attributed and referenced.... we would not want the rules to be unable to be held up in court due to plaguarism... see recent court case of Metallica v's Kaza - viz pirating, royalties & illegal distribution.

I think appendix c should disappear - ive seen it elsewhere on the net. It adds no value to "shed-iquette..." if this is truely a "C.O.P." drawn up by the ubeaut team then there should be no plagarism, or, if previous knowledge is drawn upon it should be appropriately indexed, aatributed and referenced....

additionally, with due respect - shouldnot feedback from female bretheren be discounted? Perhaps a seperate sub-section for blokette's with thier own rules of operations - eg "Whiff of Lavender". After all "bloke" is the masculine pronoun. (No offence ladies...)

A formal "cut-off date" should be published whereby input shall not be accepted for publication into "Issue 1.0" - further input should be considered for subsequent issues of the C.O.P.

I suggest some of our "legal team" be bought into this discussion prior to finalisation of first issue. May I suggest Boban Esq. ? Unless legal ratification has been obtained then this can be no more than a rough draft to be "considered by the committee."

Once we have ratification I will take an action point to dress the document in correct "Mickeysoft word" format following formal documentation guidelines.

sincerely,

Zed (committee member)
    Zed

Quote Originally Posted by Zed
    Appendix A & B: is this original input by the ubeat team ? if previous knowledge is drawn upon it should be appropriately indexed, attributed and referenced.... we would not want the rules to be unable to be held up in court due to plaguarism... see recent court case of Metallica v's Kaza - viz pirating, royalties & illegal distribution.
    No – it’s not original input from the team, it was drawn from various different emails that have been circulating for years. You make a good point about appropriate attribution and referencing, though. I think if we do something to cover that, we won’t face any issues over plagiarism – even of the bubonic variety .

I think appendix c should disappear - ive seen it elsewhere on the net. It adds no value to "shed-iquette..." if this is truely a "C.O.P." drawn up by the ubeaut team then there should be no plagarism, or, if previous knowledge is drawn upon it should be appropriately indexed, aatributed and referenced....
    See above re attribution etc. I would prefer to leave it in but I’ll be happy to have others comment on its inclusion.

additionally, with due respect - shouldnot feedback from female bretheren be discounted? Perhaps a seperate sub-section for blokette's with thier own rules of operations - eg "Whiff of Lavender". After all "bloke" is the masculine pronoun. (No offence ladies...)
    Zed, mate, you do like a good stir, don’t you? Wendy has already said she wants to publish a Sheila’s version. I reckon that would be a worthwhile endeavour. What do other committee members think?

A formal "cut-off date" should be published whereby input shall not be accepted for publication into "Issue 1.0" - further input should be considered for subsequent issues of the C.O.P.

I suggest some of our "legal team" be bought into this discussion prior to finalisation of first issue. May I suggest Boban Esq. ? Unless legal ratification has been obtained then this can be no more than a rough draft to be "considered by the committee."
    Now you’re really beginning to sound like a committee man. :eek: This is a classic recipe for doing nothing!

Once we have ratification I will take an action point to dress the document in correct "Mickeysoft word" format following formal documentation guidelines.
    I have no idea what this last bit means. It reads like it was lifted right out of a public service memorandum! Do you want to provide a translation?

Col
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

How about something like this on the Acknowledgements page

Source Material

The Drafting Committee is grateful to the various anonymous creative minds who provided the brilliant original work on the following

Appendix A – Rules of Blokeness.

Appendix B – Blokeness Quotient.

Appendix C – Because I Am A Bloke.

These important documents have been circulating as emails for some years. The Drafting Committee is proud to have an opportunity to include them here and to acknowledge their original creators – even though the nature of generally distributed emails makes it impossible for that acknowledgement to be anything other than anonymous.
    Driver of the Forums

G'day Driver,

Having read through Appendix C, I shall refer to Zed's comment and raise my hand to second his motion.

I would like to pass a motion that the Code of Practice be passed and steps taken to impliment it for general publication and distribution within this Forum forthwith.

A top effort Driver.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

I like appendix C

Gave me a good chuckle, just because you have read it elsewhere does not deem it unworthy of inclusion IMO. Others may not have seen it or even if they have would like to refer back. I know I will place it on the fridge and refer SWMBO to it from time to time.
    "see the list on the fridge honey...." as I struggle to get her out the door as we are late for yet another dinner.

Great work by all

Joel
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Driver
    I have no idea what this last bit means. It reads like it was lifted right out of a public service memorandum! Do you want to provide a translation?

Col
    what I mean is I will format the document using the microsoft word (headings, indexes, references, tables, page numbers, headers, footers... etc...)
    Zed

G'day,

Given JDub's motion to leave Appendix C for inclusion within the Code of Practice and giving the result 2 in favour and 2 against the motion should be counted as defeated and Appendix C to be included within the Code of Practice unless there be any other reasons that it may not be included.

www.brandhouse.net.au

what I mean is I will format the document using the microsoft word (headings, indexes, references, tables, page numbers, headers, footers... etc...)
    Zed

Have you actually looked at the zipped documents included in previous posts?:confused:

They are formatted using MS Word and they have headings, indexes, references, tables, page numbers, headers, footers... etc..
    Driver of the Forums

Re reading this great work , well done
    Could I just get clarification on a couple of points
    Clothing , are these allowed
    Old track pants ?
    Aprons ( including leather but only when actually doing boiler maker work )
    Those dust coat things the teachers use to wear
    And with visitors,
    What are the rules as to suppling spare ear protection , eye protection , for visitors .

Are extra stubbie holders needed or should visitors supply there own.

Rgds
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Default Definition of Shed, Section 5

G'day Driver,

Under we by definition of a Shed under Section 5 alienating those who do not have ownership of a shed but work within a space be it a workroom, garage or other work space, and therefore should the definition of a shed be further defined as any other workspace under a Subsection to Section 5?

www.brandhouse.net.au

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo
    Under we by definition of a Shed under Section 5 alienating those who do not have ownership of a shed but work within a space be it a workroom, garage or other work space, and therefore should the definition of a shed be further defined as any other workspace under a Subsection to Section 5?
    Excellent point Waldo. I suffer currently from a lack of appropriate shed-like structure (soon to be corrected, I hasten to add) and therefore have to operate in a corner of the patio (which is co-opted as a shed-substitute) so I understand - and entirely agree - that this situation needs to be covered in the Code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashore
    Could I just get clarification on a couple of points
    Clothing , are these allowed
    Old track pants ?
    Aprons ( including leather but only when actually doing boiler maker work )
    Those dust coat things the teachers use to wear
    And with visitors,
    What are the rules as to suppling spare ear protection , eye protection , for visitors .

Are extra stubbie holders needed or should visitors supply there own.
    Equally good points, Ashore. Some obvious gaps that need plugging!

Col
    Driver of the Forums

Some other points/additions/suggestions:

For me my shed is a place where you can put something down and you can return one week later and there it will be, right were you left it.

Much like personal compost, you must keep turning it over for it to function properly.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

G'day Driver,

As a suggestion might a shed be be defined as thus:

5.1.1 In leui of a bloke not being in owernship of a shed wherein tools / machinery reside in the undertaking or to the purpose of setting out to undertake such things, a 'shed' may be any given workspace or area not necissarilly confined within four walls, so as to also mean garage, workroom, patio/decking or any other such space that blokes undertake or set out to undertake projects therein.

www.brandhouse.net.au

I dunno. A "patio" sounds like somewhere you might encounter chaps and fruity beverages.

In the spirit of the document, I believe that if you call it a shed, then it is a shed.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    I dunno. A "patio" sounds like somewhere you might encounter chaps and fruity beverages.
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Heaven forfend! That hadn't occurred to me but you're right. :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    In the spirit of the document, I believe that if you call it a shed, then it is a shed.
    It's a shed. It's definitely a shed.
    Driver of the Forums