Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Forgot to add that Ergon, the power authority here, actually offers an award for the "best" lit house an the council actually puts up a street sign to indicate "Christmas" street to mark the street for a year.... Interesting concept???
    edit.. Does this happen any where else?????

Jim
    Sometimes in the daily challenges that life gives us, we miss what is really important...

Quote Originally Posted by Honorary Bloke View Post
    Been reading the dictionary again, I see.
    I'll see you

Astrid

Hmmm whatever floats your boat I suppose.

I don't think scaring kids wittless about their future on this planet is very sensible.

Artic ice in on the poles all back to normal right now cant see it ALL melting any time soon, what with the worlds temperatures decreacing and all, not to mention the antartic temps rarly get above 0 deg except for the fringes where you would expect ice to melt, (like it does every summer).

Turn off your lights by all means I will leave mine on thank you. Never has a more futile exercise ever been attempted in my opinion. Climate change? Sure! it changes all the time. Warm to cold, cold to warm and back again all very naturally. Too much hype, not enough (or) no facts to support your theory. The truth about AGW will come out in time.

This thread is certainly in the right catagory "drivel".
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

Quote Originally Posted by rod@plasterbrok View Post

I don't think scaring kids wittless about their future on this planet is very sensible.

Artic ice in on the poles all back to normal right now cant see it ALL melting any time soon, what with the worlds temperatures decreacing and all, not to mention the antartic temps rarly get above 0 deg except for the fringes where you would expect ice to melt, (like it does every summer).

Turn off your lights by all means I will leave mine on thank you. Never has a more futile exercise ever been attempted in my opinion. Climate change? Sure! it changes all the time. Warm to cold, cold to warm and back again all very naturally. Too much hype, not enough (or) no facts to support your theory. The truth about AGW will come out in time.

Arhh, a man after my own heart who can actually think for himself....

my thaughts exacltly. its all a load of B/S

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

I didn't participate in this futile and infantile show of stupidity thought up by the lunatic fringe that seems to have overtaking the respectable greenie movement.

Whilst I generally try to adhere to the three ' R 's , being reduce, reuse and recycle, I think sitting in the dark with a candlelight and discussing how great we are in saving the world is neither being normal nor productive.

A bit like the recent UN conference in Indonesia to save the world and every delegation flies in on their own planes to attend and burned up more petrol than they'll save.

Peter.

I'd like to know what we actually achieved by doing it. Does anyone really believe it made a difference to anything?
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

No material difference at all John. Just made you feel good. Nothing wrong with that either.

Just a long as people don't try and tell me because it made them feel so good that I should have done so as well. I also get upset when the Jehova's come arround telling the same thing about religion.

The earth frying and poles melting is a bit like the "your going to hell" thing.
    Great plastering tips at
    www.how2plaster.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee View Post

A bit like the recent UN conference in Indonesia to save the world and every delegation flies in on their own planes to attend and burned up more petrol than they'll save.

Peter.
    Or buying a Toyota Prius and fooling yourself you are doing something good for the environment (doesn't hurt Toyota's profits though)

Yeah as I stated in 2 previous post last nights exercise wouldn't have made any difference to the environment.
    But the sad thing is that there are people out there that think they have saved the earth

But it was an interesting exercise (and dangerous if it comes down to OH&S)

I cannot complain as the Government made a statement last year that they are baning the sale of the standard Incandescent light globe as from the end of this year.
    The globe to replace it (So I am told) requires a new type of light fitting.
    As the regulations state that every lighting point must be earthed and every light circuit mus be protected by a safety switch this will mean in a lot of cases a total rewire and new switchboard
    "Sorry Mrs Jones for me to replace that light globe it will cost you $5000"

As I'M an Electrical contractor The new BMW is looking good
    Electricity:
    One Flash and you're ASH

Quote Originally Posted by munruben View Post
    I'd like to know what we actually achieved by doing it. Does anyone really believe it made a difference to anything?
    cores i mad a diferance didnt you feel how cold it was thismorning they fixed global warming.

www.carlweiss.com.au
    Mobile Sawmilling & Logging Service
    8" & 10" Lucas Mills, bobcat, 4wd tractor, 12 ton dozer, stihl saws.

wel,
    FLAT EARTHERS UNIT !!
    you have nothing to lose but your brains

Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    wel,
    FLAT EARTHERS UNIT !!
    you have nothing to lose but your brains

Astrid
    Give it a rest Astrid.
    Nothing was achieved unless you are a brainwashed kid, then you actually saved the earth single handedly.

So non of you guys believe anything is achieved by organised protest.
    because thats what it was.

ask Gandi, Lech Welesa, Nelson Mandela, Etc

Astrid

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    So non of you guys believe anything is achieved by organised protest.
    because thats what it was.
    A protest about what, who?
    Yourself?
    You are here burning up electrons telling us not to?