Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I hate to tell you this but the router table will never ever actually be finished.

And in reply...I actually put HER shed up last weekend..

Cheers
    Squizzy

"It is better to be ignorant and ask a stupid question than to be plain Stupid and not ask at all" {screamed by maths teacher in Year 8}

Took your advice Squizz and left the router table alone for a bit to contemplate its own future!

Have the Drill Press table operational though! http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...551#post156551

Now I'll have to upgrade this thread to show how it all fits into the scheme of things I s'pose!
    cheers,

P

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    Now I'll have to upgrade this thread to show how it all fits into the scheme of things I s'pose!
    cheers,

P
    Midge, how is that update on your never ending work in progress coming along?

Peter.

midge , i'm going to steal all your ideas and also sturdee's...you better watch out here i come !
    Hurry, slowly

oh crap ! they won't all fit in my MICROSCOPIC sized workshop...bugger

you guys have all the fun , you even have space ...
    Hurry, slowly

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Midge, how is that update on your never ending work in progress coming along?

You really are a cruel and heartless bathtub aren't you Sturdee??

The sad truth is that there will be NO MORE progress on the playroom until mid September.

I have been badly let down by a certain Canadian, whom I thought would use his jetlagged hours constructively by finishing off my DC and a million other jobs, but no, what does he do???? Stays awake during the day, and while's away his time teaching me to sharpen things efficiently, shape gouges so they work, and a myriad of other skills!!! (Thanks Mat! )

In a week or two, we're off on a bit of a Northern Hemisphere adventure which will probably slow work even further!

la Huerta, how dare you steal anything from this thread!!
    Why not just borrow it indefinitely!

Cheers,

P

[QUOTE=ozwinner]Heres Midge checking all is aok, before firing up his dust extraction thing..

Nice tits!!!
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Fantastic shed and thread. I think it's bigger than out house!!!

I've only 2.5 x 2.5m spare bedroom to work in at the moment, so i'm very jealous, hence my introduction to the amazing and dark path of Lord Cohen.

Keep up the good work and thread.

Now how do i give you one of these green things (and what the hell are they anyway?)

Matt.
    Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge
    You really are a cruel and heartless bathtub aren't you Sturdee??

P

Thanks for the compliment , but remember it takes one to know one.

I agree having a Canuck running a muck in your playroom would make it difficult to finish anything. Looking forward to a report on your forthcoming northern adventure.

Peter.

Matt..i finely found someone that has a smaller workshop then mine, it's you... i feel so much better now...cheers
    Hurry, slowly

Default Cable Hooks

I was going to start a whole new thread titled Cable Hooks, but thought this was a better place for same!

I've had these things cut out and waiting to be screwed up for longer than even my gigantic brain can remember,:eek: :eek: :eek:

They came about because I had a 90 x 35 CCA pine stud offcut that was going to be thrown out, and a heap of electrical leads lying on top of things. The end result was that for about 18 months I've had half a dozen rough sawn hooks cut out lying under a pile of electrical cables!

Now I've got cables neatly hanging in six areas of the shed, hopefully one will always be near where I need one now!

The drawing is in MidgeCad lite, so you'll have to blow it up to the right scale, but the squares are 25mm across, so it shouldn't be too hard to draw freehand for yourself.

Finish is five coats of UBeaut Shellac, a long overdue plug for the sponsor's product!

Cheers,

P

I had another rush of blood to the head today, and finished the Derek sharpening jig for belt sander that I started the week he first posted.

Well I bought the handle for the cross piece, scrounged the aluminium and drilled the holes anyway.

Today I built it, and tested it. All brought on by the need to fix one of the other Son-in-law's (not the musician, the other one) chisels, which I borrowed while fitting the hinges to the Recording Booth, then promptly dropped edge first on the driveway! :eek:

All good now!

If you are new round here, follow this link to get a full run down on what how and why you need one: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=14908

P

Got a bit worried there Midge, I thought you finished the DC system.

Well at least you finished a project. You seem to be making a bit of a habit of it now.

It's a funny thing, half finished jobs just pile up till one day, you pick them up, turn them over to work out what needs doing next, and blow me down... there's nothing left to do but take the picture and post them here! :eek:

The DC is getting seriously looked at, Boatmik was a messy beggar and I'm still finding things in the dust!

Currently though, I have the Eureka and two Puddleducks to finish, a couple of new paddles and masts too, a big easel, some clamp racks and a few other bits before I get back to the ducting.

Then it's a question of whether I'll get it finished before Mick finishes the rowboat plans!

Then of course there's work......

Cheers,

P (keeping you in suspense on the actual dust collection status! )

In another extraordinary turn of events, I've actually finished another clamp rack! :eek:

The Bessey collection, along with what's left of the QuickGrips, now hang tidily on a wall, instead of being clamped to the ceiling joists, which in itself was tidy enough, but rather inconvenient.

I've used the method I devised for my Sash Clamps many years ago, (pic 1), which is pretty much the same as Groggy's clamp rack too.

The timber is part of the famouse reject floor stash, and by golly there's a bit of a load there!

Shelves have a lengthwise trench in them to take the end of the clamp and to stop it vibrating off, but the best of all is that I now have somewhere neat to store those darned KP blocks!

Pics:
    1) I can't upload them because the pic is already on another thread!
    http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...3&d=1110676627
    The old faithful sash clamp rack, mounts on the same wall as the garage door in the return. You can see them hanging in the shot of the bike rack and cupboards.

2) Shelf detail, note trench to take head of the clamp. Nothing too "fine" about this woodwork though!

3) KP blocks are now secure from falling off! I just ran a 6mm dado, and stuck in a piece of ply. They sit over the ply and can't go anywhere anymore, and at $US38.00 for four, I'm not going to lose these suckers!

4) Finished rack. Son in-law conveniently relieved me of all the other QuickGrips, I probably didn't want them anyway!

Oh, if you are following the plan, the whole thing is bolted beside the compressor on the back wall of the garage.

Cheers,

P (off to make some more for my screw clamps now!)