Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Subtle Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by ozwinner
    My Avatar is me in the tub playing with..........................
    Can you guess boys and girls?? :eek:

Thats right, an Orange.

Al

Hi Al!

I thought it was your bar....

of soap

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Well, there goes the argument that smoking dope doesn't affect your brain.
    ....Except I've never smoked the stuff in my life. How is straight that.

So, if its not dope, what has affected my brain, Gumby ? :confused: ...I mean - >

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

I've sniffed coke, but prefer Pepsi, tried glue sniffing too, Hide Glue is really bad and didn't get a kick out of it, think I'll try Clag
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodgy
    Anyone identify mine? It has to do with my obsession with British History.

Clue: New Forest
    I've never been able to decide if yours is a headstone or a specials board outside a restaurant. :confused:

is it anyway?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Anyone identify mine? It has to do with my obsession with British History.

Clue: New Forest
    It's the Rufus stone.

Wikipedia is your friend

Here stood the oak tree, on which an arrow shot by Sir Walter Tyrell at a stag, glanced and struck King William the Second, surnamed Rufus, on the breast, of which he instantly died, on the second day of August, anno 1100. King William the Second, surnamed Rufus, being slain, as before related, was laid in a cart, belonging to one Purkis, and drawn from hence, to Winchester, and buried in the Cathedral Church, of that city.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Well done Silent!

Last year on a business trip I skivved off and visited family, who live close to New Forest. We went for a walk and found the Rufus stone. I have other piccies of the stone inc members of my family which I've spared you.

The interesting part is that there is a school of thought who says Tyrell purposely shot William II, with the conivance of the nobility. Rufus was an abyssmal monarch in stark contrast to his father; the Conqueror. His brother Henry I was also nearby in the forest, at the time.

Henry I's reign was the last of the stability brought by the Normans. His heir William died in the White Ship and thus began the Stephen versus Maud civil wars, which ended with another Henry on the throne, who united the Anglos and Normans, and began the Plantaganet dynasty.
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

Well done Silent!

Last year on a business trip I skivved off and visited family, who live close to New Forest. We went for a walk and found the Rufus stone. I have other piccies of the stone inc members of my family whhich I've spared you.

The interesting part is that there is a school of thought who says Tyrell purposely shot William II, with the conivance of the nobility. Rufus was an abyssmal monarch in stark contrast to his father; the Conqueror. His brother Henry I was also nearby in the forest, at the time.

Henry I's reign was the last of the stability brought by the Normans. His heir William died in the White Ship and thus began the Stephen versus Maud civil wars, which ended with another Henry on the throne who united the Anglos and Normans.
    Well, if we apply Occam's Razor to this set of explanations, it's clear to me that Craig has it right: it's a specials board outside a restaurant.
    Driver of the Forums
    Lord of the Manor of Upper Legover

I rather liked Craig's 'specials board' too. Now I've fessed up, even if some people prefer the 'specials board' I need to find another avatar.
    Bodgy
    "Is it not enough simply to be able to appreciate the beauty of the garden without it being necessary to believe that there are faeries at the bottom of it? " Douglas Adams

I create personalised avatars for fun, if anyone wants one?
    I have done all different kinds, with pets, favourite things, and or names, in favourite colours, blah, blah, blah.........

The one I have now is the least personal one I've ever had (It's just a photo)
    This one is what I usually use, I created it from a few different photo's using PSP9, and refers to my home page site.
    Anyway, if anyone wants one, it's like a hobby for me

Ratbag
    I know that you beleive that you understand what it is that you think that I said; But I am not sure that you realise that what you heard is not what I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbag Oz
    I create personalised avatars for fun, if anyone wants one?
    I have done all different kinds, with pets, favourite things, and or names, in favourite colours, blah, blah, blah.........

The one I have now is the least personal one I've ever had (It's just a photo)
    This one is what I usually use, I created it from a few different photo's using PSP9, and refers to my home page site.
    Anyway, if anyone wants one, it's like a hobby for me

Ratbag
    Ratbag - can you do animated ones also? As in Zed's monkey and its buglar exploration?
    Bodgy

I can create the pictures for that to happen, unfortunately my trial version of Animation shop timed out, so I cannot animate them myself, but if you know anyone with Animation shop, or some animation program, I could make the cells for it, and pass them on to someone to run through an animation program, it's actually easier than it sounds
    What did you want? You can PM me if you like

Ratbag
    I know that you beleive that you understand what it is that you think that I said; But I am not sure that you realise that what you heard is not what I meant

Well that's my alter ego and my way of not revealing my true identity.

Oh NO! Don't tell me you're not really him!

Awwwwww, *Sulks*

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbag Oz
    Oh NO! Don't tell me you're not really him!

Awwwwww, *Sulks*
    If you want to see what I'm really like, have a look here.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...ad.php?t=18587

Thumbs up Avatar

Howdy Yall Mine was sent to me in an e-mail from a friend back in Texas. "I dont care when Im dead and gone as long as its Texas dirt I lay upon! "
    American by birth Texan by the grace of God!