Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quote Originally Posted by rufflyrustic
    One of my most memorable moments with my Dad (who, by the way, doesn't swear) - Yep, the one time he swore and I've never forgotten the impact it had on me.
    My dad favourite saying when things are against him "Damn rotten Sod of a thing." If you here him say this you know he is really tickd off. In 26 years I could count on two hands the number of times that he has used the s word and that is as bad as it gets (mind you if he is in the state of mind to use that word you want to get away damn quick:eek. I believe that the levels of the use of swear words is unneccessary not so much here but in general day to day life. I personally try ti be careful with my language and I know that there is always another way to say something without swearing.
    Have a nice day - Cheers

My dads was " Bugger me fat" , Never heard his say anything worse than that ,

Could express himself without needing to use swear words , always told me they were the tools of an ignorent man.

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

Russell

I think the most expletives I've heard are at the soccer pitch where my hubby coaches his team and well let me tell you it can get pretty ripe but if you swear at the ref you usually get a red card LOL
    Cheers Bio

Signatures should be an evolving Machination

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com/video.html

Stay human

Can see why, lol. Having to watch soccer is enough to make anyone swear......

Get them into real football......

(OK Soccer lovers, fill in your complaints in the box below)

[QUOTE=bennylaird]Can see why, lol. Having to watch soccer is enough to make anyone swear......

Get them into real football......

LOL I guess the original football isn't everyones cup of tea but some of the words well they would make your hair curl
    we have a chap on the team who works in obesity and diabetes research who is cheerfully named Dr. Bollocks because he comes from Yorkshire and every time something goes wrong on the Pitch he yells out Oh Bollocks

to which a little kid turned then and asked his dad in the stands
    What's a bollocks LOL
    cracked me up

but seems to me they even swear in the genteel sport of croquete so I guess you'll find it everywear I think the saddest thing I heard was a kid no more than five letting rip with the F word
    while my kids were with me

I said If Your father and I hear that word come out of your mouths
    be prepared to scrub out the toilet with a toothbrush for an entire year
    so far the threat has worked LOL
    Cheers Bio

Signatures should be an evolving Machination

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com/video.html

Stay human

Had a young lad of no more than 10 stand up to me the other day... I mean this little buggar stood there all of 2ft nothin arms on hips little jaw thrust out and told me to "F O you stinkin ol F B"... just like that!! Couldnt believe it... to explain... we have this creek that runs through the property from culverts under the road... I lob up home and see this little fella disappearing into the culvert and knowing theres a fair bit of water still flowing strongly through there I bolt over and call him out and when he came out the other side I simply told him "dont you know its dangerous under there matey? you better shoot of home eh?" at which point he did his "cool" act... an hour later he's back with mum and dad in tow bangin on the door when opened the WOMAN roared "you called my kid a F C you F B C" with dad standin with his arms folded behind her "come out here you FC an I will F show you what I Fn do with Fn C like you" Looking past them theres this little tacker standin there with the hugest grin on his face you could ever imagine... I mean he was really enjoyin himself!!!

Took some sortin out and the arrival of the local constablulary to get them to leave but brother I tell you this kid and his mom and dad had the foulest mouths Id ever heard... and mates Ive lived and worked in some rough places!!

Needless to say my mob of kids had a nice talk about language respect and dignity that night!

makes you wonder

But then listen to some of the "music" nowadays... death suicide hate and a hell of a lot of negative darkness in it so really what with some of what loosely pass for "parents" its not really a wonder

respect for ones elders and others has gone by the wayside along with dignity and self respect decency and integrity are passing as the next generation sets the standards they wish to live within and we older ones fail to stop the political correctness and lack of discipline thats become the norm
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

respect for ones elders and others has gone by the wayside along with dignity and self respect decency and integrity are passing as the next generation sets the standards they wish to live within and we older ones fail to stop the political correctness and lack of discipline thats become the norm
    Not everywhere and for everyone mate.
    You had a chat with your kids - so there is one family thats trying to walk the straight path. There are more of us out there.

Dingo......sounds like the sort of thing I get in my part of the world too....... The only adjective they know is the F word......and the only noun they know is the C word.

Sometimes I get jack of it.... Start thinking about moving to a more civilised part of the word...... to get away from the mother in law as well. 2 birds one stone sort of thing.

Is the world so different or do we just see more of it with the amount of meadia and the greater number of people around?