Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Top Gear

Beachport, South Oz, the best little town on the planet.

Stuff this crap! HOW can I get to watch the bloody Pommy version instead of this rubbidge?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
    Stuff this crap! HOW can I get to watch the bloody Pommy version instead of this rubbidge?
    Available for download on most torrent sites, eg Mininova, but I didn't say that

We (Mrs. Wood and myself) both thought the first two episodes were abismal, but We decided before the series began that it would most likely be a rocky road and that we'd watch it for at least four episodes to give it a reasonable chance.

Last week's episode (the third) was really quite enjoyable, but last night's was again, really quite poor and embarrassing to watch at times.

The Bearded Geek is settling in a bit as can be heard in the toning down of his irritatingly high-pitched voice. Wazza is Wazza and is a very likeable bloke, but needs equally diverse and intelligent supporting presenters to bring the best out of him. He's definitely the James May of the trio.

Charlie is the main problem with the show as far as We're concerned. He glances furtively around the studio like a robber's mate on lookout instead of looking directly down the camera. Apparently 'We' wouldn't let him into our home!

Next week will most likely be the last episode of Top Gear Australia We'll watch.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Well they still don't give enough info regarding the cars.....and considering it's a bloody car show, that's a bit odd. The gonad with the beard and the blonde tosser just seem to have a secret challenge as to who can be the biggest tosser. And the other bloke's only there cos he can draw cartoons. Never thought I'd ever say this but, BRING BACK THE POMS!
    Neale
    Willbrook Farm Services
    www.willbrookfarmservices.com.au

The Programming Director just read my post above and commented that there is nothing else on at 7.30 on a Monday evening that We would be watching anyway.

That's not much of an incentive to watch an ailing program though really. I would rather sit and have a yarn with The Fearful One than watch rubbish - at least I would score brownie points in the process.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    Charlie is the main problem with the show as far as We're concerned. He glances furtively around the studio like a robber's mate on lookout instead of looking directly down the camera.
    Will someone tell him our tele's got a volume control? If we want to turn it up we will, there's no need to shout.

P

Thumbs down As terrible as it is, it's here for 2 seasons.

This just in from todays Adnews.

Top Gear Australia gets 2nd Series
    SYDNEY: SBS has given Top Gear Australia the green light for a second series, despite viewer criticism and a drop off in ratings.

Despite harsh comments from Australian audiences on various blogs citing a lack of chemistry between the hosts, UK host-with-the-most Jeremy Clarkson has praised the Aussie version, even giving the new hosts the thumbs up.

“Massive congratulations from the Top Gear boys in England on your Australian version," Clarkson said in a statement released by SBS. "We’re loving it, even though your funny accents make you hard to understand. And Warren the cartoonist - his face underwater was an absolute peach.”

After the premiere episode attracted an audience of just under a million, weeks two and three have seen viewer numbers drop to the high 600,000s.

By SBS standards this is still a solid audience, although numbers are about a third behind what the original UK series was pulling in.

The first Australian series still has a further five episodes to screen, but viewers won’t have to wait long for the second series, which could be on air as early as 2009.

Matt Campbell, director of television & online at SBS, said Clarkson’s comments reinforced the general consensus at SBS that the series is a winner.

“We’ve received the blessing from the godfather of the brand. The praise from the Top Gear UK mother ship gives SBS and the Freehand Production team added enthusiasm as we continue to work on Series One and begin pre-production for Series Two.”

Like Woodwould, there's better things to do than watch it even if there's nothing else on a Monday night at 7:30.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Good news week starts at 8.30 unfortunately. Luckily I have a pvr and don't watch anything live anymore.

"Keep the little fella with the beard, get a new host and would love to see a smokin hot woman in the other role who knows cars and drives them hard. Still a bit clunky and scripted but moving forward."

Well my ladyfriend knows about cars and is one of the fastest drivers I've ever seen, but I don't know how many other people would think she's "smokin hot". I do, and I notice other blokes taking an interest, but we ain't exactly 20 year olds...

Maybe Sabine from the pommy show ? although getting her to emmigrate when she lives next door to the nurburg ring...
    I'm just a startled bunny in the headlights of life. L.J. Young.
    We live in a free country. We have freedom of choice. You can choose to agree with me, or you can choose to be wrong.
    Wait! No one told you your government was a sitcom?

I'm not wasting time watching it.
    till they add a woman presenter. and drop the dead legs
    its a very poor copy of the real Top Gear.
    p.t.c

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Tells me I need a new flash plug-in which I already have. hmmm.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Talking Ripper Live in Australia

LIVE TOPGEAR UK live in Sydney http://www.topgearlive.com.au/

Default For the artisic rev heads

This is best viewed with your PC surround sound or Home theatre. Fast broadband is better.
    I saw it on the telly but its worth another look. Awesome is the word.

Friends...I give you the http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/veyron-vmax

Enjoy

I'm gonna try that in my truck tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Rossluck View Post
    I'm gonna try that in my truck tomorrow....
    Indytruck 300...yep I can see it now...