Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  38
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  5
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  6
Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast

I'm going to ring ZONNE, the people doing the permits and explain the situation with the plumber and see what happens.

Added: I might get lucky, it doesn't actually mention anything about the work having to be done by a plumber .
    Last edited by Grumpy John; 3rd November 2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added footnote
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

govarney is offline Novice but getting bettert hrough your help

The shed that I had built in Ballarat 3 years ago only required an inspection of the concrete form work and then a final inspection.

Was never asked for a cert for plumbing.

I know laws can change from State to State, and I guess from council to council too.
    Regards,
    G.O.Varvey

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    find a friendly plumber.
    :d nice one John.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Hey guys...look at all the material you have for writing a book or two, once you get through all the bs you've had to put up with
    Cheers,
    Ed

Do something that is stupid and fun today, then run like hell !!!

Well it's going up. John that Reflecta cell is good stuff, the builders are underneath it having lunch. It's 30 outside, but markedly cooler under.
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Well it's going up. John that Reflecta cell is good stuff, the builders are underneath it having lunch. It's 30 outside, but markedly cooler under.

So where's the

The shed. 7m*4m colourbond. Insulated with Reflecta cell. 3 rolls did the entire shed. I have one spare.

Time to pick up some rubbish as the puppies have been locked out of their backyard all day.

9/10ths done with just the PA door to finish and some finishing touches. I am still disapointed with Totalspan's original effort as I gave them 4 weeks to get it correct and their picking let them down. I will be formally making a claim about the incompetence shown by Totalspan and their contractors (MainFreight especially).

Lessons learnt from this exercise - Do not pay up front!!!! Private enterprise does not equal perfection.

I would like to thank Delena from Totalspan (Aust) for all her help, at least she shows the professionalism that I expected from a private company.
    Pat

knocked up almost in a day Pat lets hope this wind doesn't test it for take off.

I for see a weekend of preparing the floor

Pat
    is that all they did? I thought it'd be finished by now!
    and I like the look of the spiffy workbench in photo #2

can you use the extra reflecta on the roof?
    ie double up the amount insulating the roof cavity
    Last edited by Sawdust Maker; 3rd November 2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: add the ie
    regards
    Nick
    veni, vidi,
    tornavi
    Without wood it's just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust Maker View Post
    Pat
    is that all they did? I thought it'd be finished by now!
    and I like the look of the spiffy workbench in photo #2

can you use the extra reflecta on the roof?
    ie double up the amount insulating the roof cavity
    Nick, the bench in pic 2 is actually the washing basket bench, it has been in existance for close to ten years and has moved house with us. It has doubled as Fitout bench, outdoor bench and bar. Who knew that a pine bench could be so versatile

I have already thought of using the "spare" roll for the western wall and roof, under the lining. It will not go to waste
    Pat

Lookin' good Pat, how many guys were on the build team, they must have been well organised to get that much done in one day . Good luck dealing with Totalspan, if they give you any problems let the members viewing this thread know and we'll send them a "few" emails telling them what we think of them for causing you so much grief.
    As Ed said, there is plenty of helpful information here to help future shed builders avoid most of the traps/problems. Maybe we could start a thread listing the top ten, make that 50 problems most likely to be encountered when building a shed.
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

Hello John, the build team was 2 + 1 interested, untrained wood wrecker they probably didn't want around Just been out to feed the puppies and check out the shed, as it is precipitating precipitously, not a drop inside the shed.

As to Totalspan, I'll craft my email, then sit on it for a day, to make sure it is a dispassionate as possible. I will make several drafts and refer to all the corro I have, which is a good thing about dealing via email.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    find a friendly plumber.
    Easier said than done. All but one of the plumbers I rang were either too busy or not interested or both. The one plumber who agreed to come and look charged me both arms and both legs for a job he did in the past. His only saving grace is that it was clean and thorough. I think I might end up completing it myself and taking the risk that the inspector won't ask.

It's not mentioned at all on any of the doco and as I said the shed company reps actually said I could do it myself (with that half wink kind of smile )

Good luck with yours GJ.

Pat really glad to see you finally got your shed built and I am jealous I did not get insulation in the walls too, great idea. Certainly simpler than bats.

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Pat,
    Good to see the things are finally getting off the ground Just a quick question how much a roll for the insulation? I am just going through a few costs of doing my shed and insulation is one of the extras. I've gone for sky light panels no windows, keeps the inquisitive guessing.

The kit is due shortly 3x6.5 cant go any bigger no more space, darn sewer pipe put the blockers on any grand plans.

cheers
    Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working. — Pablo Picasso

Well the construction of the shed is complete. The green monolith is water and more importantly puppy tight.

This morning was the fitting of the door and taping of the insulation.

Now for the fun of the fitout Water tank first to past the final council inspection, then Yellowtongue flooring and white 16/18mm malamine walls/3mm ceiling, power, beer fridge, lighting, dust collection, fly screens, screen door, wiremesh over windows for the whoops while turning, cabinets the tools and the other stuff.

Pic 1 the view of the shed from the back gate
    Pic 2 an oblique angle
    Pic 3 The door to Rip in the Time Space continuum is open
    Pic 4 The view from the door . . . no power yet so no lights
    Pic 5 the view from the back of the shed, with the Site Supervisor wandering in for inspection.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat