Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Telemarketers!

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

I had one of these gits try to sell me another phone deal about a month back. "I can get your land line and mobile for under $50" he kept saying, and refused to accept that my latest bill had been $39. I hung up on him in the end.

Richard

Further to my BIL's mocking he told the telemarketer that he made calls to the South African country of 'Zamimbinia' and they cost a lot of money. He was told that the company would only charge him $2 per month to ring Zamimbinia!!
    There was a young boy called Wyatt
    Who was awfully quiet
    And then one day
    He faded away
    Because he overused White

Floorsanding in Canberra and Albury.....

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo
    Mark I have a number of friends with silent numbers who receive TM calls. Alot of the TMs obviously use dialers that generate and dial numbers whether theyre in the phone book or not.
    Silent numbers had to come from some where, usually its the end user asking that the number no longer be listed (silent) but all the marketing data bases still have the number listed therfore they still get the call. If they ask for a "new" number they probably get an old commercial number, again this was previously listed and on the data bases.

I suppose anyone wanting the number to be silent will just have to wait a suffient length of time for all the current databases to become invalid (worn out?). This may take some time.

BTW the use of automated dialling systems is probably the dumbest thing a TM could do as its use precludes any area demographics as part of the sales plan. Like selling freezers to eskimos and lawn seed in Redfern.

Default The ultimate solution!

It is funny that this topic was the one that helped a wood worker find this site!

I have had my numbers (including my mobile) listed on the government registry for DO NOT CALL and now I have the ability to create a real problem for the clowns that do call.

have a look at https://www.donotcall.gov.au/

It is well worth the three minutes it takes.

Now I am off to learn about what this forum has to do with wood work.

Remember

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.