Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I wouldn't be to proud of that wind Christos the family may not have you back again.

We however had a beautiful day down at Kiama, sunshine, light sea breeze, nice articles on show, great wood on show/sale and good freinds to meet up with.

Maybe next year you and Bia can come too.

edited due to spelling errors.

My time in Langfang is coming to a close. I will be flying out of China to Sweden on the 29th of March. During the time in Langfang I have been taking a walk to the park and doing some laps to try and counter the effect of all the food. I don't know three meals a day can be a bit much.

The park that I have been walking around is located close to Langfang stadium. Here are some photos.

Please excuse the one with me in the middle but what can I say.
    Attachment 203013 Attachment 203014

Inside the Stadium

Attachment 203017Attachment 203016
    Attachment 203018Attachment 203020

Just one more photo as that I thought would be interesting again part of the Olympics in 2008.

Attachment 203030

I thought that this is intersting so I thought that I might share it with people.

About two weeks ago we had snow in Langfang and yesterday when I woke up I passed the same window and saw flowers starting to appear on the same tree that was covered in snow.

This was about two weeks ago

Attachment 203027

This photo was taken this morning

Attachment 203028

Christos your all rugged up why is it cold or something or trying to sweat off the extra pounds while running round the park.

Some good photos not many people there but they could all be hiding .........nope you took a photo to prove not behind the seats.

Now Sweden thats a good choice why ........TOOLS

Lathe maker in Sweden and lots of turners
    Lignotec EN

Lignotec a real nice lathe and accessories......I know someone whos just had bits delivered here.

Berg Chisels made in Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Christos your all rugged up why is it cold or something or trying to sweat off the extra pounds while running round the park.
    Well the day that I got the photo taken was a little cold. You might be able to see some snow in the actual stadium.

Some good photos not many people there but they could all be hiding .........nope you took a photo to prove not behind the seats....
    Some times the park is full of people and sometimes the park only has a few people.

Berg Chisels made in Sweden
    I think you might have missed this thread.

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f152/n...sweden-147185/

Trust you to have a photo of naked women at the stadium Stud. Sounds like it's been an interesting time Christos, you must have a real "feel" for the Chinese way of life now Now Sweeden, THAT should be fun, sauners, etc etc
    Instagram: mark_aylward
    www.solidwoodfurniture.com.au

A good edge takes a little sweat!!

Mark if he goes into a sauna he's going to come out looking like an steamed Pork Bun, lilly white on the outside Asian surprise on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Christos View Post
    Well the day that I got the photo taken was a little cold. You might be able to see some snow in the actual stadium.

Some times the park is full of people and sometimes the park only has a few people.

I think you might have missed this thread.

https://www.woodworkforums.com/f152/n...sweden-147185/
    Saw the thread just never read

Hows this one then H. Karlsson Klensmide AB Tillverkning av bildhuggarjärn(gouges and chisels), fiolbyggarjärn(tools for violin making, yxor(axes), knivar(knives), konstsmide mm.

There has been a very interesting time in Langfang. I am familiar with the area since the last time that I have been here. The more time you spend in an area the more you learn.

I have learnt some of the language but not enough to be on my own if I wanted to go shopping. The translater on the smart phone does help but is not the best as sometimes it is a little slow to translate. Then again it does not actually pick up all the words and tones. I have been listening for words that I know and amazing as it is I am hearing one or two in a conversation.

I have picked up some items that I know are good price but not tools. Well actually Bai has picked up items that are a good price. I was the person to carry the items.

3RU is offline Electron controller/Manufacturer of fine shavings

Great threat Christos and I have been following your adventures with great interest.

Enjoy the experience as your story unfolds and I look forward to your further updates and findings. Especially in the tool department.

Hey, Christos. It's me, haha!

I read all of the things u posted and it is very interesting for me to see the different Langfang from you eyes, for example I didn't pay attention on kite flying for a really long time, and actually I never been to the stadium....lol. It's also very helpful for my English, as there are so many words I didn't know and most of them r tools. There was one of them I even couldn't find the meaning from dictionary. Wongo, then I realized it's a person's name! ........

The dynasty u mentioned is Qing dynasty which is the last one of China. The table n chairs with yellow cover cloth was for emperor only in the that time, u can see dragons on them.

Plz keep posting! Btw,I can see why u so addicted to this forum, it's such a nice place n u r so popular!

Quote Originally Posted by Haochen View Post

I read all of the things u posted and it is very interesting for me to see the different Langfang from you eyes, for example I didn't pay attention on kite flying for a really long time, and actually I never been to the stadium....lol. It's also very helpful for my English, as there are so many words I didn't know and most of them r tools. There was one of them I even couldn't find the meaning from dictionary. Wongo, then I realized it's a person's name! ........

The dynasty u mentioned is Qing dynasty which is the last one of China. The table n chairs with yellow cover cloth was for emperor only in the that time, u can see dragons on them.

Plz keep posting! Btw,I can see why u so addicted to this forum, it's such a nice place n u r so popular!

Welcome Haochen good to see your keeping an eye on Christos from this side of the pond.

Popular???
    Christos ................well we have to butter him him so he works the Woodworkforum stand at the woodshow..........if he's allowed this year now he's married.

I gather from your words Haochen you know him...........poor fellow

So Chrstos are you off doing battle yet with the Vikings, bargaining for tools maybe even bought a decent camera. Chasing buxom Swedish wenches ........ sorry you can't do that anymore either

From this current perspective I have a few things to say and if I say it in one post could be very hard to read.

I arrived in Sweden on the 29th of March. Met up with the sister in law and her husband. Chatted about a few things and got on a subject as to what I wanted to do.

I mentioned the Vasa. We went to this museum on the 30th of March. It was raining but very light.

The Vasa is about a ship that sank in the year 1628 on her maiden voyage. The ship is very well preserved considering it was submerged for 333 before it was salvaged.

I have heaps of photos but not able to upload from the device that I am using. So this part has to wait. For those interested should be able to find out more from internet search.

The next day was raining and snowing so we did not do anything before getting on a plane to fly to Berlin, Germany.

Yes that's right we went to Germany but at present not able to upload photos from the device that I am using.

We spent 3 days in Germany and I got to say it was not entirely enough before heading back to Sweden.

For those interested I would suggest taking a few more days to look around. There are something like 170 museums in Berlin. I am not going to cast any preferences but do have one that I will upload for those interested in motorcycles from the former East Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Haochen View Post

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the update to the dynasty.

The forum is very much a fun place as shared knowledge is good. Prevents it from being lost to the next generation.